The QuickBooks 2018 offers many unique advantages over 2014 version. This includes having features for sending reports via email at scheduled times and many search and filter improvements for locating the needed information. This can be done while working with large data and information. But so far if you have been little apprehensive about switching to the latest version fearing QuickBooks data loss, then relax. Here we will be figuring out how to convert old QuickBooks file new version all with ease.
Transferring Data file and converting QuickBooks old to new version is not easy. If you need to upgrade or even update, then securing your data will become a lot more crucial. If you don’t take a backup and simply make an update then you may loose your financials and may not even be able go back in time to rectify your error.
It is always recommended that you ask for support before making an upgrade yourself.
Convert Old QuickBooks File new version
Since now you know, what it takes to upgrade your Accounting software thus, lets check out how to do just that.
- Before transferring data to QuickBooks 2018, run the verify utility in the current version: It is very advisable that before you transfer data to the latest version run the verify utility on your data file in the current version of QuickBooks which will then look for data errors and also correct it. Once the system shows that your data is error-free then it is very secure to upgrade.
- Install the new product: You can install the QuickBooks 2018 in two simple ways, either through the CD or download it by double-clicking on the download link. The installation should start automatically after Inserting the QuickBooks CD into the CD or DVD drive but if the installation does not start then perform the following steps.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Explore.
- Browse to your CD or DVD drive in the left pane of the window and click once to view the contents of the CD.
- In the right pane of the window, double-click the file to begin the installation. Once you have completed with the installation then proceed to Update your QuickBooks Program to the QuickBooks 2018.
- Converting data file to the newer version: If you are installing on the network ensure that the QuickBooksDB 19 Service is set to Automatic.
- This can be done by going into the settings tab.
- Choose the QB server option.
- Run the code as [k016], and you will be automatically diverted to Server manager.
- Scan the folders for any viruses.
- Now login your software as Admin.
- Now allow the QuickBooks convert your file to the newer version.
Many a times people ask, how to convert quickbooks file to an older version…?
Let us warn you that files once converted and the process once implemented will be irreversible. It should be very clear before converting your data files to the new version that the process cannot be reversed. Also, if the process is taking few minutes time while converting to the new version in case of large files, then don’t ever press the back button, otherwise your data files may go into trash.
Few advisable Do’s before converting to the new version:
- Before converting to the QuickBooks 2018 version make a backup of your data in the old version.
- In case there is data corruption, it requires the data repair for converting it to the new version.
- In case of the large files the process may seem like freezing at times due to the large volume of content. Keep relaxed and do not stop the process within few minutes the whole data file will be converted to the new version.
If the user still has any doubt and don’t know how to convert old QuickBooks file new version then reach out to us:
In case of any further issue connect with QuickBooks 2018 Support professionals and get guided all step by step.