If you are using Quicken and now want to know how to convert Quicken to QuickBooks then here is how you can convert Quicken Home and Business to QuickBooks. Both Quicken and QuickBooks are great accounting software’s that helps ease up your accounting load. Though it is not possible to use both the software’s simultaneous as both serve the same purpose thus people who prefer using Quicken use Quicken and QuickBooks fans make use of QB.
Steps to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks:
If you were earlier using Quicken and now plan to switch to QuickBooks then here is how you can convert Quicken home and business to Quickbooks.
Before starting the conversion process, you would need to make sure that you are using the updated version of both the software’s. If somehow you are using the older versions then follow these steps to upgrade.
Update Quicken file:
- The very first thing you would need to do is Download Quicken conversion tool.
- Once downloaded, click on the .exe file.
- Follow the instructions and accept the terms.
- Click on the install button to start the installation process.
- Once down, launch the program.
- In the dialogue that appears, click on the tab that says “Transfer data” and chooses to click on “Get started tab”.
- Choose “Open data file tab” and click on choose the file tab.
- This will open up a browser window, wherein you would need to select the data file. Navigate to .QDF file and click Select.
- Choose the convert the file to the most recent version of the software.
- Hit Ok and choose the Save button, to save your converted file.
Update QuickBooks file:
Before upgrading the company file make sure that you have already installed the newer version of Quickbooks on your desktop. If you are already on the latest version of Quickbooks then follow the process to upgrade your Quickbooks data file.
Always maintain a backup of your Quickbooks company files before doing any upgrade.
- Login to your QuickBooks company file.
- Click on the files tab located on the top of the navigation bar.
- Now click on the Restore company
- Choose the tab that says “Select a company file”.
- Navigate where the company files are located and choose to open the file. If you see “Move your Company data file” window then just follow the steps that appear.
- Choose to agree with the terms and choose to update your file.
- When the file is updated, then click “yes” the dialogue box that says “Do you want to open the file in an updated version?”
Steps to Convert Quicken Home and Business to QuickBooks Accounting:
Before converting your Quicken data files to QuickBooks data files, here are the two instances that you might fall in:
- Both Quicken and Quickbooks are on the same computer.
- Quicken and Quickbooks are on different computers.
Let’s walk through both the instances in a bit more detail.
Instance 1: Quicken & QuickBooks are on the same Computer.
- Open up your Quickbooks software and click on the files
- From the drop down menu, choose the utilities
- Under the utility window, choose to select the Convert option, and then choose from Quicken.
- From the browser window, navigate to the Quicken file that you would like to convert to Quickbooks.
- Choose to open the file within your Quickbooks software.
- Follow the instructions and Quickbooks will now help you to convert Quicken file.
Instance 2: Quicken & QuickBooks are on different computers.
If both your Quickbooks and Quicken are installed on a different computer then the best you can do is install both of them on the same computer. Believe us this will ease up the process a lot.
- To do this, install the program using the installation CD on to the computer where you already have Quicken installed.
- Copy the Quickbooks data file on to a flash drive and paste the same where you have just installed Quickbooks.
- To do the conversion, follow the steps above which has already been covered under the section above.
If you have followed the sequence in the perfect order then you would surely be able to “Convert Quicken Home and Business to QuickBooks”. If you are still facing the issue then write to us in the comment section below or give us a call to talk to QuickBooks Support Proadvisor.