With Sage Software caters to all small-medium-sized business windows. It becomes an essential need to hold records of their employees just like any other operational firm. To learn more about how to create and edit an Employee in Sage Business Cloud Payroll, let’s take a closer look at this article.
Just as the name suggests, Employees In Sage Business Cloud Payroll is mainly a section of your employee’s personal information. This personal information is reasonably needed in keeping a record of all necessary details which help segregate and demand correct wages. Usually, it consists of employment and pay information. Furthermore, The Employee tab allows you to create and amend these entries.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why and How to Create an Employee?
- 2 Why and How to Edit an Employee Record in Sage Business Cloud Payroll?
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 4 FAQ’s
Why and How to Create an Employee?
Generally, Everyone you hire should have a track record of employment. This record demands to stand mandatory. For, You can’t enroll someone on a pay run unless they have an employee record, so it becomes necessary to make sure that you set up all of your employees first.
Now, if you are not certain how to do the same, follow the guide provided below to exclude any possible errors.
Creating an Employee
For adding a new Employee:
- First and foremost step, proceed to hit on the option Add New Employee, from the Employee tab.
- Next, you then need to enter the employee’s details in each and every tab present and then click on Save.
The employment record includes a plethora of basic information that you may request from the employee. We’ve detailed the less popular possibilities below.
Here are some detailed record columns:
- Employee Number: Every firm provides a unique combination of codes to each and every hired employee which helps them identify. This Number works wonders in cases where there are one or more identical names, hence their employee number helps in locating them.
- Employment Code: This Code is usually used to file your T4s. You may need to edit this code from the default value if your employee has a specific position.
- Province of Employment: This is a record gird which can specifically tell which employee is employed in which branch. This is a subjective thing and it may vary from where your company is based.
B. Personal Information
- It consists of basic information like the employee’s name, gender, date of birth etc.
- It helps to fill in and select if You can work full-time, part-time, or as a contractor.
C. TAX Details
Usually, the Tax details required for your employee are divided into two specific sections:
- Section 1 is for all employees who are based in Canada.
- Section 2 is based on the Province of Employment you enter on their Employment tab.
- Pay Group: The pay frequency you’ve chosen filters the available pay groups.
E. Vacation Rate(%) & Vacation Entitlement
- 4 %
- 2 Weeks
- 6 %
- 3 Weeks
- 8 %
- 4 Weeks
Now, that you are aware of how to create an employee in Sage Business Cloud Payroll, let us also ponder some light over the editing part.
Why and How to Edit an Employee Record in Sage Business Cloud Payroll?
There may sometimes occur a need where you need to eliminate or update a specific section of a record of an employee. When this situation is on the table, it becomes important that we edit an employee record. To know how one can edit an employee record, let us dig deeper and follow the article.
Edit an Employee Record
To change an existing employee’s details.
- First, go to the Employees tab, in order to open their record, proceed to click the relevant employee.
- You may then modify either the Employee Details or the Payslip Template Values.
- Make any necessary changes to the employment details, then click Save.
- Employee information changes have no effect on completed pay runs.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What are Payslips Template Values?
In Payslip Template Values, Items from the employee’s default Payslip can be added, edited, or deleted. You may then save the adjustments to the employee’s personal template or the pay group template.
What do you mean by NI number, and what to do if it doesn’t exist?
The NI number stands for the National insurance number. If in case there is no NI number.
● In the NI column, leave it blank and then start the employee on a P46 basis.
● HMRC will further trace the employee’s NI number and send you a CA6856 form to confirm the number.
Does Sage Business Cloud Payroll remains up-to-date with the tax information?
The answer to this question is Yes, Sage Business Cloud Payroll is automatically updated to use the latest tax information.