In this article, you read Sage Timeslips’ benefits and features and learn how to “Download Sage Timeslips” easily. The software is one of the prevalent and one of the most reliable timekeeping and billing solutions for the legal industry that has been around for the last 27 years.
With the latest version of Sage Timeslips billing software, users can achieve all the above tasks in a convenient and efficient way. It’s time you considered the newly enhanced software as the older version will eventually not be supported anymore.
- 1 System Requirements for Download Sage Timeslips
- 2 Download and Install Sage Timeslips Latest Version 2021
- 3 What are Network Configurations?
- 4 What are Single-user Installation
- 5 How to Create a Timeslips Premium Share
- 6 How to Set up Sage Timeslips Premium Network Installation
- 7 Benefits of Sage Timeslips
- 8 Check Out The Features Supported in Detail Below
- 9 Sage Timeslips Error, Issue, and Problems
- 10 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 11 FAQ’s
System Requirements for Download Sage Timeslips
System Requirements for the Server
- No support for Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Windows Server for 2002, 2012, and 2016.
- 300 MB of free storage space for program files
- At least 100 MB of Database files in size.
- Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional, Windows 8. x, and Windows 10 (when using a peer-to-peer environment).
- 8 GB of RAM is required; 16 GB of RAM is recommended.
- If a local database is used, a minimum of 100 MB is required.
- 4 GB RAM is required; 8 GB RAM is recommended.
- Windows 10 Pro System Requirements.
- 300 MB free hard drive space for program files; extra space necessary for storing additional files (for example when printing bills to PDF).
- Windows® 8. x (but not Windows RT), Windows® 7 Ultimate, or Professional.
- There is no support for Network Attached Storage (NAS).
Requirements for Internet Browsers
- Edge by Microsoft.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
Requirements for Terminal Servers
- 8 GB of RAM is required; 16 GB of RAM is recommended.
- An Internet connection is necessary to use Sage Timeslips Premium and Sage Timeslips online features indefinitely; high-speed Internet connections are suggested.
- Windows Server for 2002, 2012, and 2016.
Download and Install Sage Timeslips Latest Version 2021
Download Sage Timeslips Older Version
Once you download Sage Timeslips in your system you then install it now. Follow the steps mentioned below to Install Sage Timeslips and Older Versions on your workstation to perform a local installation.
- First, you need to start by typing the \server_name into the search box.
- Then you should type it and press Enter.
- Now make sure you add in your server’s name.
- The name of the folder on the network share list should be TSSHARE. (If you get this as your folder name, double-check that you shared TS SHARE properly and that the name of your Timeslips folder is accurate).
- After that, double-click TSSHARE.
- Now open the Timeslips folder, then go to the LoclInst folder, and then double-click on Setup.exe to begin the installation.
- When starting the local installation, choose the installation type you want.
- Now you should save Sage Timeslips in the location you want.
- This is usually C:\Program Files\Timeslips\ and on 64-bit workstations, and C:\Program Files (x86)\Timeslips.
- Once done you should restart start Sage Timeslips when the installation is complete.
- Finally, install it on all of your workstations locally.
What are Network Configurations?
Multiple users (up to the number of station licenses acquired) can access the database at the same time if you bought multiple Sage Timeslips station licenses. Sage Timeslips Premium must be installed in a network setting to allow multiple users to access the software. Below mentioned are the common network configurations.
Peer-to-peer networks:- Your company uses a peer-to-peer network, where workstations may access discs on other workstations, the Timeslips Server is the first workstation on which your workstation is first is installed.
Network Installation:– Install Timeslips on the network server if your company has network workstations and a network server (with shared network discs). The Timeslips Server is the network server for your company in this arrangement.
What are Single-user Installation
A single-user installation has only one station license, in Sage Timeslips. The following are some instances of single-user installations.
Installation on a network workstation for a single user, with the database likewise on a network workstation: If you purchased a single station license of Sage Timeslips and your workstation is connected to a network, you can install Sage Timeslips Premium on your local workstation and maintain your Sage Timeslips Premium database on the same workstation.
Installation on a network workstation for a single user with the database saved on a network disc: Your Sage Timeslips Premium database must be saved locally on the hard discs of your workstation. If you purchased a single station license of Sage Timeslips Premium and your workstation is connected to one, you will not be able to maintain a database across a network.
Single-user installation on a single computer: If you purchased a single Sage Timeslips Premium subscription and only have one computer, the program files and database will be saved on that system.
To create a Timeslips Premium Share follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, select Computer from the Windows Start menu on the Sage Timeslips server.
- Then double-click the drive on which the shared volume will be created.
- The C: drive is the most frequent location for installation.
- Now to create a new folder, go to File, New, Folder. TSSHARE is the name of the folder.
- Finally, select Share, Advanced Sharing, or Share with Specific People from the context menu when right-clicking the TSSHARE folder.
- For this shared storage, create the proper permissions and users. Windows grants minimal rights to new shared discs by default. This folder must have at least Read or Write permissions, which you must grant permission for.
- Click Read and Write for the required users, or pick Everyone and mark them as reading or Writing for a more simple configuration. Administrators of networks might opt to be more selective with certain users and permissions.
Start the installation procedure by double-clicking on the Sage Timeslips download file if it does not start automatically. The download file will extract the required installation file and present you with a selection of options. They are as follows:
- First, start the installation of Sage Timeslips.
- Then install Sage Timeslips if you want to.
- When the dialogue asks if you want to install the Application Server or Database Server, choose Complete Server.
- Now choose the network share that you created earlier in the Create Timeslips Share steps.
- Finally, your Application Server will be installed after the installation is complete.
Benefits of Sage Timeslips
- Never misses a billable opportunity.
- Ensure accurate time and expense capture.
- Automatic time capture helps to increase productivity.
- Easily handles all the processes from billing to accounts receivable.
- Reports are made easy for better performance.
- New – integration with LawPay’s “Pay Now”.
Check Out The Features Supported in Detail Below
- Timeslips is complete account management.
- Bill payments and transactions are easily recorded and handled.
- It can integrate with popular accounting products.
- Enables user-defined rules and time periods to suit your business needs.
- Choose from a range of predefined Accounts Receivable reports.
Intuitive Bill Creation
A simple drag and drop customization help generate bills quickly and easily in a professional way. Sage Timeslips support multiple billing arrangements and standards with access to LEDES 98B and Litigation Advisor 1.
- Simple drag-and-drop customization can make the bill appear more customized and professional.
- You can place your own watermark for draft bills.
Although Timeslips has long supported a conflict of interest checker, it dint allow adding of adverse or related parties as connected contacts. Now when you add connected contacts to client records, you can add conflicting parties’ contacts too like opposing counsel, judges, etc.
- Also enables to determine how contact is linked to a client.
- Additional contacts are present in a separate tab for quick access.
Smart Time And Expense Entry
Most of the entries are automated and accurately captured in a customized manner like it pre-populates account entry, captures time automatically, and populates client-based tasks and related expense lists. Not only this, your workflow comes with voice-to-text data capture.
- Pre-populated account entry.
- Automatically captures the time.
- Defined custom fields for client-based task and expense lists.
- Voice to text data capture.
Valuable Business Insights via Simple Reporting
Timeslips help in easy understanding of performance through simple, yet robust reporting. The software comes with more than 100 predefined reports and also allows creating custom reports with the help of the intuitive report wizard.
- Has more than 100 predefined reports.
- Allows for the creation of custom reports with the help of a guided report wizard.
Integrated online payments
A simple online payments solution from LawPay seamlessly integrates into Sage Timeslips. LawPay is an industry-leading payment solution developed specifically for law firms that provides a simple, secure way to accept client payments online from within the Sage.
With Timeslips you can now send emails to clients with a “Pay Now” link from where they can click and submit their payments online which gets allocated to the firm’s accounts as well.
Filter Options and Day View
Over time your Entry Window can become clogged with many screens. The filters will allow you to display only the relevant Templates by filtering your Timesheet Entry. The Day View help to scrutinize all the daily tasks and helps you sport the gap just by entering the start time which shows all the slips filled for the day. It also has a Google calendar synced in so you do not have a separate one dedicated to Timeslips.
Sage Timeslips Error, Issue, and Problems
|Sage Timeslips Address Violation Error – Data is corrupt in memory|
|Sage Timeslips Database Errors – Occur due to data corruption|
|Sage Timeslips BDE Error – Borland Database Engine (BDE) settings on the workstation are too low|
|Sage Timeslips Error Code 11 – During opening timeslips|
|Sage Timeslips Error 1973 – Occur due to incomplete installation|
|Sage Timeslips Error 122 – You are unable to access or retrieve data.|
|Sage Timeslips Credit Card Issue – Unhandled Exception when processing credit cards|
At the moment support is offered for Sage 2018, Sage 2019, and Premium members by Sage but Sage has made it clear that they want all their users to switch to the upgraded version, for that matter be it any product related to Sage.
Before you make up your mind about moving to the newer version, call the Sage support team for clearing all doubts and queries related to Sage Timeslips 2019. We can help you upgrade and migrate to any new versions of the Sage line of products.
Call the AskForAccounting helpdesk team on our toll-free number one of our advisors will be able to guide you in a better way to download Sage 2021 latest version, Sage 2021 upgrade/update, and Sage 2020 update. They are well versed with all the typical issues related to sage. Alternatively, you can also chat with our expert online 24*7 or drop in an email and one of the experts will get back with the right solution.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What is the 3rd Party Integration/Compatibility required for Download Sage Timeslips 2019?
These are the 3rd Party Integration/Compatibility requirements:
● Sage 50-U.S. Edition
● DacEasy Sage
● BusinessWorks in Sage
● Paya Currency Exchange
● QuickBooks by Intuit
● Amicus Curiae
● Matters of Time
How can you place your company’s watermark on draft bills?
To place t]your company’s watermark on draft bills, follow these steps:
● Select General from the Setup menu.
● Watermark is activated by clicking it.
● Click the Load Image button.
● Select your image and click Open.
● Select how you want the watermark to appear from the drop-down menus.
● Select OK.
● Select Reports, Global Report Options… from the drop-down menu.
● On the Show watermark option, select whether you want the watermark to appear “Never/Always” on bills and statements.
What is an accounts receivable report?
An accounts receivable aging report, also known as a receivable aging report, is a summary of all receivables owed by customers at any one moment. The report categorizes receivables outstanding from all clients into distinct aging groups depending on the number of days after the individual invoices were raised.