How to Enter a Fixed Asset in QuickBooks
Follow the steps to enter the fixed assets within your quickbooks accounts:
- Login to your quickbooks accounts and from the lists tab, click on the fixed assets account.
- This will display all your fixed assets recorded so far. If there are no assets so far recorded then click on the items button or the + sign button.
- Choose New from the displayed window and a new tab will open where you will have to enter all the relevant details related to the new product.
- Give your asset a name > Select the category you want to put this under.
- Describe all the purchase terms and conditions that you made at the time of acquiring the product. Though this step is optional but will help you figure out in the later stage what was the stage of the product at the time of purchase. For e.g. you can mention whether the product was a new product or a second hand.
- Enter all the other relevant details related to the product like:
- Cost of the product,
- Date when it was purchased,
- Any description you want to give to the product.
- Save all the details by clicking the save button and your fixed asset item will now be display under the fixed assets tab.
If you need any further help then you can check out QuickBooks ProAdvisor Experts and speak to our quickbooks experts 24/7.