Sage 50 is required to handle transaction actions. But at times it occurs that the software is unable to save a transaction. This can frustrate the business objectives set to be covered in a stipulated time to improve the product serving quality. These file system error need to be dealt properly. If you face any kind of issue then you can connect with Sage Support at your convenience.
What triggers Sage 50 File system Error 3?
There are several reasons for this error. We will discuss them below to understand the root of the problem so that we can focus on the resolutions more accurately:
- Finalizing the process on w3dbsmgr.exe while Sage 50 is still active.
- Causing the Pervasive Database to stop while Sage 50 is still active.
- Network connection is wireless to the connection drops at times.
- Security permissions not allocated rightly to the services.
- Service Release related issue
- Computer getting into Sleep Mode while Sage 50 is running, which creates a problem in the network connection
- The userpref.dat file has been damaged
Resolving the File System issue with Error code 3:
There are several methods, based on the nature of the cause. We will explore them one by one:
Method No. 1: Opening the company after hitting Ok:
- Go to the messages and click Ok through all of them.
- Now try to open Company file and check if the error is gone.
- If the error persists, restore a local backup.
Method No. 2: When Network Connection gets lost:
- If the workstation and the server get disconnected from each other, this error happens.
- Go through the guidelines of your network operator to deal with the network connectivity issues.
- Change the wireless connection to wired connection and check if Sage worked better on it.
- If yes, then the problem is with the wireless connection.
- Change the connection to wired.
- Sage 50 Accounting could not be started.
- Sage 50 Cannot Open Company File a Required Data File Is Missing.
- Sage 50: There was a problem activating the program.
Method No. 3: Error with Pervasive:
- If the pervasive service was stopped through manual actions (i.e. shutting down through w3dbsmgr.exe or the service menu), start the computer again. If the problem is not resolved, get to the step no. 2.
- Launch Run prompt by hitting Windows+R keys.
- Type services.msc in the blank field and hit ok.
- In the list look for Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine, right-click it and select Start or Restart.
- If the problem still exists, go to the Antivirus/Firewall of your computer and allow the proxy to the application.
Method No. 4: Deleting the PTL Files:
- Go to the Related Resources and locate the company file.
- Find the files with .PTL extensions.
- Right-click them and select Delete.
- Hit Ok.
- Check if the error is resolved.
Method No. 5: If the computer enters Sleep Mode while working on the application:
- Ensure that you exit from your Sage 50 before leaving the computer unattended but running.
- Changing Sleep Time cycles of your Computer to align with Sage 50 use.
Reach us for help:
Get yourself connected with Sage experts at 1800-865-4183 (tollfree).
These simple methods provided above should resolve the Sage 50 File System Error. In case you found yourself unable to get through all these options and needed Personal assistance from a Sage 50 Expert, you can get in touch with us. Sage 50 Technical Support is there at your service to help you out with the problem.