At the time of purchase, QuickBooks comes with a validation code which is then further used to verify your piece of software. If you have already verified your software and just want to have a look at the validation code entered then you can find that within QuickBooks registration .dat file. In order to locate the file you would need to follow the below-given steps:
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts and navigate to your QuickBooks company file.
- Now from your keyboard, enter the F2 key and this will help you access product registration screen.
- Now with F3 button on your keyboard, you will be able to lay your hands on “Help application window”.
- From the top navigation bar, click on the Open icon.
- Here you will see the list of different QuickBooks related files.
- Press Ctrl+F and search for .dat extension file. Click the file with the name QBregistration.dat and open it.
- Here the file should open up with Notepad. If that doesn’t happen then you will need to select the program from the list of options provided and click open it.
- Once open, you will now be able to locate the validation code.
The above steps are little outdated. Thus request you to look for the updated version of a blog post to find Quickbooks validation code in Registry: