“Sage 50 2020.1 issues after upgrade” occur when there are some files that get missing or the SAI and SAJ folder are incomplete after conversion to 2020.1. For the same thing below are methods of troubleshooting provided that helps you getting rid of the big issue that comes after updating. While many errors are caused in Sage but some major errors are coming below. After reviewing one of the biggest mistakes in the Sage 50 open up following changes to 2020.1.
- 1 Causes of Sage 50 2020.1 Upgrade Issues
- 2 Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Sage 50 2020.1 issues After Upgrade
Causes of Sage 50 2020.1 Upgrade Issues
However, there can be different reasons behind the occurrence of this error, and missing files after conversion can be the most probable causes. Other causes can be
- Upon downloading the Sage 50 2020.1 payroll tax update, the file won’t convert.
- The SAI and SAJ folder are incomplete after conversion to 2020.1
- Conversion loops back to screen welcome.
- The conversion screen shows data after looping back in the temp spot.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Sage 50 2020.1 issues After Upgrade
The below troubleshooting methods is based on the above-mentioned causes:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Method 1: Save the most recent Backup and Changing the File name
🔹 Initially, look for the most recent backup before you try the conversionLocate C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Simply Accounting\Backups\CAN2020
🔹 Then you see 2 backup files:
■ *the date/time is considered as the period when the conversion was attempted
🔹 Next, find without underscore file
🔹 Also, this file should be fully converted to 2020.1
🔹 Now, try to open the file (use the .SAI file)
🔹 If it successfully opens then click on “Save As” option in order to save the file
🔹 For that, you have to go back to the original location and then change the name of the file.
Method 2: Disabling Firewall During Conversion
🔹 The very first, look for the most recent backup file before you try the conversion
a. Locate the file location: C:\Users\USERNAME*\Documents\Simply Accounting\Backups\CAN2020
🔹 After that, you have to disable the firewall or other security software temporarily while the process of conversion
🔹 Next, restore the file and then convert to a new location or you can reduce the file name
🔹 Move to the further steps, if the conversion not happening successfully
🔹 Go to the new location of the file and rename the file
🔹 Now, open the file for conversion
🔹 In case the conversion still not successfully done then Confirm that the user profile must be local or on a domain
🔹 You have to create the local user if it is on a domain
🔹 And then try for conversion once again.
Steps for issues with the Conversion Screen Looping back and the File Location Display at Temp folder after the Loop:
- Firstly, close the Sage 50
- Next, locate the latest backup .CAB file
- You can copy the existing .SAI and .SAJ folder, if you don’t find any backup
- Now, try to open the Sage 50 again
- After that, select and then try to open the original or copy file of .SAI file in order to convert once again
- Uncheck the conversion option named “Create backup copy automatically”
- And finally, click on the Start button in order to start the conversion.
To know more about the how to update Sage 50 2020, how to fix Sage update and installing error. You can chat with Sage expertise via the chat option (available at the bottom right corner of the website).
With the above-discussed troubleshooting methods, you can easily fix Sage 50 2020.1 issues after the upgrade. For more inquiries or issues, you can make a call via Sage 50 support toll-free helpdesk number. You can also reach out to them by dropping an email at this email address firstname.lastname@example.org or do a 24*7 live chat with dedicated experts.