At times people complain about “Sage 50 slow over network“. It doesn’t speed up no matter what troubleshooting method one uses. Even after switching to the new server and utilizing a new gigabit switch, the problem remains the same.
So what is to be done in this scenario? This is where we come in. Our Sage Support pros is there to help with this issue, where sage is slow. Thus lets just get right into it.
Sage 50 Slow Over Network
Unlike any other applications which have only one file where the data is stored, Sage 50 uses 240 flat files and indexes to do the same. This could create a lot of hassle over a multi-user environment, which is normal in the case of Sage 50.
The result of such a complex environment is slowing down of Sage 50 over a period of time. You will need to configure your network to the needed standard to resolve the problem for good.
Steps to Fix Sage 50 Slow Over Network
Follow above all steps to fix issue..
Total Time: 10 minutes
🔹 Create a full backup of your Sage 50 files.
🔹 Disable the anti-virus program for a temporary period of time.
🔹 Reason being, Sage opens and closes its files in the background to help it run properly and keep the system up to date.
🔹 There is a lock file Queue.dts which is accessed by Sage accounts over the multi-user environment to help it communicate with the other computers on the same network.
🔹 Anti-viruses check-in on these operations which run in the background and the process gets overloaded.
🔹 Once you have disabled the anti-virus, check the speed of your Sage 50 again.
🔹 If you see that there is no improvement in the speed, then you will be required to uninstall the AV package both from the Server and the computer systems you are using.
🔹 Now check the speed again. You have figured out the root of the problem if you can see the improvement in the speed of the program.
🔹 Now you will need to put Sage 50 as an exception in the Antivirus program of your computer.
If your Sage 50 is still running slow, and you are being faced with the same kind of an error then here is what you would need to do next:
- The network speed is supposed to be 100mbit. Check the speed of the network using online tools.
- Check that Sage has all the relevant updated installed on your computer.
- Check that the ‘Opportunistic Lock’ is not disabled.
Computer is at fault:
Since there are many issues that may slow down your program, but if the error “Sage 50 Slow Over Network” still persist then you may have to play a little with your computer settings.
- Oplocks Disabled REG_DWORD 0 or 1
- Default: 0 (not disabled)
- Set to “1”,
In the case of the server:
- Follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesLanmanServerParameters
- Enable Oplocks REG_DWORD 0 or 1
- Default: 1 (Enabled by Default)
- Set to “0”
- Disable the SMB signing if it is not yet.
- See if “Enable NetBIOS over TCP / IP” is enabled on the network card.
- Ensure that all the versions of Sage installed on the computer systems are the same.
- Sage Check Data and Sage Compress Data Routine should be performed now.
- Change the Printer that is the default. Some Printers come directly in the conflict with Sage.
- Ensure that the disk space is adequately enough on the computer systems.
Get Support For Sage 50 Over 2019 Network by Experts
These simple steps will ensure a complete and thorough troubleshoot of “Sage 50 Slow Over Network” error that you encounter on your computer system. If you still cannot resolve this issue, get in touch with our Sage 50 Support Team. We have a brilliant bench of Sage Experts at our Sage helpdesk.