Sage 50 is an accounting solution which is mostly recommended for small and medium industries for their financial and bookkeeping needs. It is easy to use solution but under certain occasions it too malfunctions. In such situations, you may come across certain issues that may act as an obstacle in your work. One such error is “Sage 50 SmartPosting service not starting” and facing “Sage 50 Smart Posting Error“.
This error usually occurs in the Sage 50 U.S. edition. You will see the following error getting displayed on your monitor’s screen:
Error: “Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting On The Server [SERVER NAME]. It is not running so cannot be restarted”
When you encounter this Sage issue, your application will not finalize the installation. The main cause for this error is that it is not installed on the server.
- 1 Possible Causes and Reasons that could lead to Sage 50 Smart Posting Service Not Starting:
- 2 Resolution Steps Sage 50 Smartposting Service Not Starting
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 What do you understand with Sage 50 SmartPosting Service?
- 3.2 Can restarting the SmartPosting Service help me to fix the “Sage 50 SmartPosting Service not starting” issue?
- 3.3 How do I fix the environmental issues if the Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting?
- 3.4 What can we do if the program files get damaged and pop up a Sage 50 SmartPosting Service not starting error message on my screen?
- 3.5 What to do if I find an Out of Balance transaction and it gives Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not starting problem?
Possible Causes and Reasons that could lead to Sage 50 Smart Posting Service Not Starting:
It is pretty to know the reasons because of which you continuously get the same error notifications. It results in Sage 50 Smart Posting Service unable to launch or unable to restart. It also affects the software by crashing down or hanging, stopping transactions to post, stopping to make modifications in the Real-time posting, and more.
Below are the listed causes due to which an error occurs:
- Damaged of application files
- SmartPosting has stopped in services
- Damaged or corrupt transactions
- Out of balance transaction
- Environmental factors can be one of the reasons like Firewall, Anti-virus.
Resolution Steps Sage 50 Smartposting Service Not Starting
If you come across this Sage error “SmartPosting service not functioning properly”, then the following solution may help you fix your issue. These solutions are suggested by the Sage experts to rectify your error.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Solution 1️⃣: Installed SmartPosting
🔹 Close all the Sage 50 software running on the server.
🔹 Check for the following files that are installed on your server:
🔹 Here is a command, copy it to Notepad: (sc create “Sage 50 Smart Posting 2013″start= auto binPath= “C:Program FilesSage50SmartPostingService2013.exe” DisplayName= Server=”Your ServerName”=”Sage 50 SmartPosting 2013″)
🔹 From Notepad, you will have to update your binPath. match the program path and the bin Path.
🔹 Change the server name to the one you are running on.
🔹 Change the version of the year to the version of Sage 50, you are currently using.
🔹 Click on the Windows icon and open the Run Command
🔹 In the search field, type cmd.
🔹 Press OK option to execute the program.
🔹 Paste the command line that you have created in the above steps on the MS DOS prompt window and press Enter.
🔹 You can “SUCCESS” written on the screen.
🔹 Again, press Start and then open Run Command
🔹 In the search field, type msc and press OK.
🔹 From the list, now click on the recently installed Sage 50 SmartPosting 20XX and press Start icon again.
🔹 Ensure that your SmartPosting service is running properly.
Solution 2️⃣: Damaged or Corrupt Data Path
If the above solution is not able to help you with “Sage 50 Smartposting Service Not Starting error” then follow the below given steps:
🔹 Installed Run the cmd prompt and enter [name_server_k1142] in the command line.
🔹 Now create a new folder just a level above the folder that holds the data regarding the individual company folder.
🔹 Rename the folder as the damaged data path.
🔹 Move all folders into the new folder which is recently created in the remote data path. Exclude all the individual company files as they may be damaged.
🔹 Then move all files in a new folder.
🔹 Ensure that your SmartPosting service is running properly.
Connect With Sage 50 Experts:
Though it is very difficult to fix the issue before seeing it, but we have provided the above given solution to fix just that. If the severity of the error is normal and there is no other issue then the above solution may help you fix “Sage 50 Smartposting Service Not Starting”. If you are still facing trouble and demand immediate help then dial for Sage 50 support. “AskForAccounting” is a Sage support firm that takes into account every query that you might have related to sage 50. Our customer Support team is available at 24*7 to help you fix your issues.
What do you understand with Sage 50 SmartPosting Service?
SmartPosting Service is a posting option that helps you to boost the performance by letting you to save the transactions without waiting for them to post. This service will automatically post the transactions for you. Moreover, it helps you in network environments by allowing multiple users to work in the same company file simultaneously.
Can restarting the SmartPosting Service help me to fix the “Sage 50 SmartPosting Service not starting” issue?
Yes, it can help you in fixing “Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting” issue. To restart the service, you can follow the below steps:
● Press Windows + R keys from your console
● Next, enter services.msc within the Run field and then hit Ok
● Look for the Sage SmartPosting or Peachtree SmartPosting in the lists of Services
● Once found, perform a right-click on the Service and then select Start or Restart
How do I fix the environmental issues if the Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting?
The environmental issues usually happen due to Antivirus or Firewall software. These applications interfere or block the SmartPosting service. To correct such issues, you can modify your security software to allow Sage 50 and Pervasive required functions.
What can we do if the program files get damaged and pop up a Sage 50 SmartPosting Service not starting error message on my screen?
You can try to Uninstall and then reinstall the Sage 50 software. This solution needs to perform when your program files got damaged and none of the solutions are helping if you’re trying to fix an error “Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting”.
What to do if I find an Out of Balance transaction and it gives Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not starting problem?
● Click link in the left corner of the bottom where it showing that SmartPosting has stopped
● Hit the tab “Start SmartPosting”
● If still fails to start SmartPosting then it will reference the journal related error
● Go to the Tasks >> System >> Post
● Choose the journal
● After that, hit Ok
● If the journal post with no error then move to step 11
● In case, if attempt to post the journal and finding a journal out of balance message then you need to load the Integrity Check
● Select the Journal Balances from the Integrity Check window
● Then hit Ok
● If the test is successfully complete then Go to the Maintain >> Company Information
● Change the Posting Method from SmartPosting to Real-time and it will post all journals
● Once posted then click Maintain >> Company Information
● Change the Posting Method from Real-time to SmartPosting
● Or, go to Main screen and start SmartPosting by clicking on the Activate SmartPosting
● Finally, check whether the SmartPosting is running or not