QuickBooks Point of Sale software program is specially designed to assist small and medium business owners in keeping track of sales and inventory. The business owners can implement this program to ring up product sales, and to view the left-over inventory. There are times when the user needs to add new item in inventory in QuickBooks POS. Below mentioned steps will help you to add new inventory item.
If you want to see the list of your items you have to go to inventory
- Then Click on Item List
- Window with a list of items is opened
- Head to the bottom of your screen to find inventory items.
- You can click on any of the columns – item number, item name, department, item description
- Go to Reports
- Click on Item List -> Click on Run
For Adding a New Item to Inventory in QuickBooks POS
- Go to Inventory
- Click on Add to enter the basic information
- This is how it adds a new item
- In the “type field” enter inventory, non-inventory or service item
- Mention the department you want to be associated with – you can always add a new department. QuickBooks recognizes the newly added department.
- Then enter the item description
- Fill up other information of the item such as: size, attribute, regular price, average unit cost (no need to enter this field), on-hand quantity, tax, UPC (skip this option)
- Go to other QuickBooks options comprising options such as: COGS, Income, Asset.
- Moving to more information: vendor cost, order cost, reorder point, item no. (do not mess with the item no.), manufacturer, ALU (alternative look up unit), Base unit of measure, manufacturer.
- Then comes the comments section.
- Finally, to come to miscellaneous and shipping.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page you can see the sample item that is being added.
In case you face problem with the above steps you can connect with the QuickBooks customer support team. The team can be approached through toll free phone number, email support and live chat option.
Alternatively, you can connect with other QuickBooks Support agencies. The company hires highly knowledgeable QB professionals. They assure quick support to all the queries and errors related to QuickBooks program. They assure first call resolution. Call to the toll-free phone support number and garner immediate support.