“Adding credit card expenses within QuickBooks” is an easy and ongoing process. It is highly convenient, but if you don’t already know how to enter home/office expenses within the program then here is the step-by-step guide.
If you’re like many business owners, you use a credit card to pay for expenses. You might think that credit card expenses are just like any other expense, but there are some important differences you need to know about credit card payments.
How to Add Credit Card Expenses in QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts and click on your Company file.
- Go to the banking tab and fill in the credit card expense.
- Now choose the credit card you want to get charged with.
- Enter the Company’s name whose product or service you availed with a credit.
- Enter the date on which the credit card expense was made.
- Please note that the data entered will be in a format like mm/dd/yyyy.
- If you are recording the expense on the same day then you would not have to change the default date.
- But if you are recording the same on some later date then scroll the slider to the date when the expense was made.
- Now you will see a memo option.
- Here QuickBooks provides you with an option of documenting the reason, why you made that charge. Provide the details if you want.
- Now create an account against whom you were charged with an expense. For e.g. if you made a travel expense then a travel expense account will be created and if the expenses were made on food then create a similar account.
- Provide any further details and click Save and Close. All your recorded entries related to QuickBooks will now be maintained in the credit card registers.
Hope you were able to Add Credit Card Expenses in QuickBooks and add reimbursed expenses in QuickBooks accounting software.
But if you are still facing issues then get our help at the QuickBooks Consultant helpline. To get in touch with our QuickBooks Experts give us a call at our toll-free number.