Inorder to make sure that you have a negative inventory, you would need to run the inventory valuation report. If you have a negative inventory at hand then the same will be detected as negative inventory. To run the report you would need to go through the following steps:
How to Fix Negative Inventory in QuickBooks?
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts and navigate to your company file.
- Now click on the reports tab then go the inventory tab and then click on the valuation report.
- Now select the date range for which you would need to run the valuation report. To be on the safer side and make things little bit less complex for yourself, just simply select all.
- Here you can find all the negative inventory in the On Hand tab.
Fix negative inventory
Now since you have found the negative inventory, now is the time to fix it. Just follow the steps to fix the negative balances and you will be good to go. Here you will need to adjust all your entry dates like invoices are dated after bills.
- From the quickbooks account logged in, you would need to select the reports again and repeat the 1st step again i.e. Inventory > Valuation detail.
- Now select the date range to all.
- Now locate the items that show negative balances on the ON-HAND section.
- Now adjust the dates as invoices are dated after the bills.
If you are able to follow the steps as it is then you would have by now fixed negative inventory within quickbooks. But if you are still confused and were not able to work along through the process then you can get in touch with us. You can call our quickbooks proadvisor telephone number at 1800-865-4183 and raise your issue anytime you want. We are open 24/7.