Under QuickBooks, it is easy to set up a new company file. In fact, the program helps you create a new company file every single year. It helps you to have the data made available at the time of initial file setup.
Though closing the company file only to start a new company is not at all required, people find it useful.
Open New Company in QuickBooks
If the same company is continued for another financial year then it may only accumulate loads of data. This may even deteriorate your computer’s speed. Thus opening a company file makes more sense. Thus, if you also find yourself in a similar phase then follow the steps to open up a new company.
How to Open a New Company in QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts.
- Go to the Files tab on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the new company files tab.
- Now you will be presented with the list of questions, just simply follow them.
- Give general information about the industry your company is operating in.
- Type in the name of your business and set up your fiscal year
- Set up your password and enter your location details.
- Do the follow-up questions and you will be able to create a new company within your QuickBooks account.
You can even give us a call at our Quickbooks helpline number talk to our Proadvisor now.