Under QuickBooks, it is easy to set up a new company file. In fact, the program helps you create a new company file every single year. It helps you to have the data made available at the time of initial file setup.
Though closing the company file only to start a new company is not at all required, people find it useful.
Open New Company in QuickBooks
If the same company is continued for another financial year then it may only accumulate loads of data. This may even deteriorate your computer’s speed. Thus opening a company file makes more sense. Thus, if you also find yourself in a similar phase then follow the steps to open up a new company.
How to Open a New Company in QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts.
- Go to the Files tab on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the new company files tab.
- Now you will be presented with the list of questions, just simply follow them.
- Give general information about the industry your company is operating in.
- Type in the name of your business and set up your fiscal year
- Set up your password and enter your location details.
- Do the follow-up questions and you will be able to create a new company within your QuickBooks account.
How to Open a Second Company in QuickBooks
Learn how to open a second company in QuickBooks. Follow the mentioned steps to open a second company or set up multiple companies in QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks and then click File on the main menu bar.
- From the drop-down list click to start the new company.
- Click on the “Start interview” button on the new company window.
- Now you have you enter the information about the company
- Click next when you are done.
- Then start navigating where you want to save the new companies file.
- In the dialog window select the filename for a new company.
- Then click on the Save button.
- Click next to continue.
- Fill in the information in the dialogue that appears.
- Now, this will complete the new company setup process.
- Congrats you have created your second company.
If you want to add some more companies then following the above steps only will help you to create more companies. Though you can create as many companies as you would like you can have only one company in one paid subscription account. Quickbooks offers discounts on every company you make so please make sure to avail that.
Sometimes QuickBooks gives you an error that says “QuickBooks is not able to open your file”. The reason for this error can be anything, but without rectifying these errors you won’t be able to open your company file. Thus follow the simple steps to open your file.
How to Open a Company File in QuickBooks in Case of Error?
- QuickBooks desktop should be of the latest update to the latest release.
- Then open the file of the same version that last time you open it.
- You have to open the file directly from the QuickBooks company file.
- Stop any reports and the other windows if you are working in QuickBooks.
- Open the file by holding down the alt key.
- Open a sample company.
- Move a company file to a new location.
- Then check the properties of a file.
- Rename your company file.
- Turn off the multi-user data or websites.
- Edit file extension.
- Analyze and solve the problems of QuickBooks installation.
If you followed along step by step then your error might have been fixed by now. But in case you are still not able to delete a company in QuickBooks then give us a call right away at our toll-free number.
Accounts are maintained so they can be cross-checked in the future. Thus maintaining books of accounts is of prime thing for any business. If you are not backing up your key files then there is always a risk of losing them. It can be because of a computer breakdown or a memory crash. Thus, if you don’t want to lose your company info then check out.
You can even give us a call at our QuickBooks helpline number and talk to our Experts now.