Reporting is the most acclaimed feature of QuickBooks. Users can create multiple financial statements as well as reports in QB. With just a click, users can generate profit and loss reports, statements of cash flow and much more. Let’s start our article about the “Print Reports in QuickBooks PRO and Enterprise“.
Follow the Steps given below to Print Reports in QuickBooks:
- Go to the reports center window from Reports.
- Select the appropriate report.
- With the new Smart Search feature within the program, here you can easily tag and search specific reports.
- Click on the report and select print
- In Print to. Select Printer.
- From the drop down options, select the name of your printer.
- Users can also save reports as pdf documents for a second digital copy.
- In File, select ”ASCII text file”
- Select the orientation in which you want the report printed.
- For creating presentations, it would be best to create a landscape printout of graphs and tables.
- Select All in order to get the complete printout of your reports.
- Ensure to install spare papers in your printer.
- Select “Smart Page Breaks.”
- Select Fit report to and enter the number of pages you would like the report to be printed on.
- In case you want a color printout, select “Print in Color(Color printers only.)”
- Click on Preview. Make adjustments according to your requirements.
- Click on print.
Users who want to save the report as a pdf can select the inbuilt pdf generator of QuickBooks. Reports in pdf formats can be used during the presentation. Also, this is a great format for sending reports through emails.
Types of Reports users can Generate in QuickBooks:
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Balance Sheet detailed/summary
- Profit and loss details
- Audit Log
- Customer Balance Summary
- Accounts Receivable Detail/ Summary
- Invoice List
- Account Payable Detail/ Summary
- Vendor Balance Summary
- Trial Balance
The number of reports users can generate through QuickBooks isn’t limited to this list. Further, users can create a custom filter to create a completely personalized report template. This template can then be applied to reports while running them. One of the most important aspects of reporting in QuickBooks is that you can create multiple printouts with just a click.
For Creating Reports in QuickBooks, follow the steps given below:
- Select Reports
- Select the kind of report that you would wish to create.
- In case you want to customize the report, hit Customize button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the period for which you want to create the report.
- Select the method of accounting, i.e. Cash or Accrual.
- Select number format and negative number.
- Create a custom and personalized template by editing rows and columns.
- Now personalize the report by editing header, content, and footer. Reports can include:
- Company name
- Company Logo
- Report Period
- Report Basis
- Click on Save Customization. Create a name for this customized template
- Click on save.
Users can also create reports specific to customers, vendors, sales, invoices and bills.
With QuickBooks 2017, users have the option to view filters applied on particular reports. These filters can be used for sorting reports. Also, this makes it easier for users to recreate these customized reports. Further, users can also download industry-specific reports created by QuickBooks’ community members.
QuickBooks Enterprise users have access to Advanced Reporting which can create better and more comprehensive reports. Advanced Reporting can be purchased as a separate tool by QB Pro and Premier users. QB Online users can access a variety of reporting tools according to their subscription plans. Merely collecting accounting data won’t do much for any organization. In-depth analysis of operations and accounting data is necessary for boosting growth while curtailing cost.