There are many times while using QuickBooks a user faces some issues that hinder the working. While QuickBooks is very effective in doing the accounts of you business but there are times when the functioning of the QuickBooks is damaged. If you find this sort of an issue then, how to reinstall QuickBooks is the question you may ask for.
How to reinstall QuickBooks?
Reinstalling Quickbooks demands uninstalling the current version and installing the program again back into the system. This re-installation of QuickBooks desktop is called Clean Installation or Clean Uninstallation.
When you face such a problem, you can contact Technical Helpdesk for QuickBooks and get things done with no hassles.
Before you start the process of uninstalling so that you can reinstall QuickBooks Desktop make sure that you have the QuickBooks CD for the installation. Also ensure you have the correct license and product numbers.
Steps on reinstalling QuickBooks with ease:
1st Step: QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- To open the Run command press Windows+R together on the keyboard.
- Type in Control Panel and then click on OK.
- Click on Programs and Features. If you have the Control Panel in the Category View then click on uninstall a Program.
- A list of program will appear on clicking on the Programs and Features. From the program list select QuickBooks and then click on Uninstall/Change.
- Prompts will appear on the screen, follow those to complete the process of uninstallation of the QuickBooks program.
- In case you are getting an error message while uninstalling the QuickBooks program and you are unable to do it, you have to contact us at Ask for Accounting. This error indicates that there might be a problem with the Windows Operating system, which we will help you to resolve.
- If the above problem is not there and the uninstallation has been complete without any issue, then go to the second step.
Still not able to figure out how to reinstall QuickBooks then dial us tollfree…
Alternative solution: Rename the Installation folders
In QuickBooks Clean Install Tool you have the option to rename the folders. If you do not want to use this option then you can rename the QuickBooks installation folders manually.
- Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download QuikcBooks_Clean_Install_Too.exe file and then save it in your desktop.
- Next open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe
- On the license agreement click on I Accept.
- Next select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you use and then click on Continue.
- When you see the message ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory’, then click on OK.
- Renaming the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders manually
You have to get the hidden files displayed and then rename each of the folder locations listed for your version of Windows. We recommend add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ to the name of the existing folders when you are renaming them.
- Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Right-click the Windows Task Bar and select Task Manager.
- Under the Process tab, click the Image Name column header to sort the process alphabetically by name.
- Select QBDMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and click End Process.
- Click End Process.
- When the message ‘WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability…’ is displayed, then click on Yes.
3rd Step: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
After uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop program you have to reinstall it. You have to do that by downloading QuickBooks Desktop installation file that specific to your region and the product that you use. After that you have to follow the prompts to install the QuickBooks Desktop.
Get QuickBooks support instantly by dialing 1800-865-4183 (tollfree).
If you face any issues following the steps or still figuring out “how to reinstall QuickBooks” then get all the help via customer support. Dial us tollfree and we will help you reinstall QuickBooks easily.