Problem: While installing QuickBooks, the process is interrupted by a prompt which shows that the installation could not be processed because the installer doesn’t have sufficient rights to do so.
This error could be dealt with easily if you followed the guidelines provided by QBPayroll_AskForAccounting QuickBooks help-team. The QuickBooks Error 1303 is a primitive one and doesn’t require much of technical toggling. You can easily resolve the error with the help of our QuickBooks technical support team.
The reason for this error lies in the System Group or the Everyone Group. When the groups mentioned here do not have complete control rights, this error takes place.
Once we have resolved the issue, the problem goes away permanently. We are going to provide you with the resolutions to help you out in removing the problem for good.
Resolving the Issue: We will follow two methods which can resolve the issue.
Follow the first option first. If it doesn’t resolve the issue, go on with the second one. You do not need to try both of them:
- Changing the permissions manually to set them to Full Control for the system and Everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users:
- Launch the Run prompt by hitting Windows+ R
- Enter the path- C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES in the open field and press You will see a window appear and display the folder contents.
- Go to the Folder Click Organize and then click on Properties. (Windows 10 users will see the Properties option in the top ribbon of the folder window)
- Hit the Security tab in the Properties
- Click the Advanced
- Go through the list of Permission Entries and click two times successively on the System User.
- In the Allow column, you will see a checkbox for the Full Control, select it and then hit
- Repeat the steps from a to h for the Everyone group if it exists.
- You will see a checkbox labelled as Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object. Check it.
- Click Ok in Advanced Security Settings window.
- Click Ok in Common Files Properties window.
- Try installing your QuickBooks Desktop now.
- Turning off the simple file sharing:
Know the details from our QuickBooks experts.
The resolutions provided above work the same for everyone. Many people have resolved the same issue by following the guidelines given above. However, if you face any difficulty while performing the operation, or if you needed technical assistance for any other matter, we recommend you to get in touch with our QBPayroll_AskForAccounting QuickBooks 24/7 Technical Support team. The toll free number is 1800-865-4183.