While working on QuickBooks, one faces the issue of Windows Administration Permission. The user faces this kind of an issue while trying to open the company file through QuickBooks. If the problem persists continuously then you may want to know how to “run QuickBooks in elevated mode“.
If you are not aware of the steps already then we will guide you through the process.
How to Run QuickBooks In Elevated Mode
Before running QuickBooks in elevated mode, you need to understand that there may appear an error that doesn’t let you do so. Here are the most common reasons why you may not be able to run QuickBooks in elevated mode.
- Batch files with the script to trigger the QBDB2x services and QBCFMonitor Services.
- QBDB2x rights are not given to the specific folder of the matching company file.
- The problem may also be the result of multiple versions present in QuickBooks.
- While the database for different QuickBooks editions is the same for a particular year, QuickBooks Enterprise creates a separate folder.
Steps to Resolve the Issue QuickBooks Elevated Mode
Step 1: Change Startup Type
- Press Windows+R on the keyboard together to open Run.
- Enter QBDB2x in the Run box
- Next, change the Startup type from Manual to Automatic.
- Click on the Refresh icon.
Step 2: QBDB2x User Permission
- Search and locate the folder with the matching company file.
- Check whether the corresponding QBDB2x user has access to the mentioned folder.
- You can do this by clicking on the folder’s properties and then going to the Security tab.
- Next, go to edit and add the user QBDB2x and give full permission.
Step 3: Administrative privileges
- Give Administrative privileges to all the users who use the applications. Contact our experts for details.
Step 4: QB user account
- The above-saved batch (as name.bat) file has to be added to the task scheduler tasks.
- The QB user account can be created with Administrator privileges and a common password.
Step 5: Add Respective batch file
- You can check the options on the General Tab
- Check the options in the Triggers Tab. Ask our experts for the details.
- For each action add the respective batch files by clicking on New.
This would resolve the issue “Run QuickBooks In Elevated Mode” by adding the Administrator within your QuickBooks account.
But in case you are still facing the issue, i.e. how to run QuickBooks in elevated mode then connect for help. Our QuickBooks Consultant team is there to assist you all day long.