Let us help you to know how to “set up invoice template in QuickBooks“. Professional-looking invoice templates with branded logos are what a business should use to have an impact on their customer.
But sometimes it is not always possible for a small business with a limited budget to invest in branding. If yours is the same case, then QuickBooks is all you need. It helps you create reports and invoices with your logo on them thus helping you appear brand-able among your clients to customize reports or other data with QuickBooks.
The software is well off with built-in professionally designed invoice templates that a user can freely use with their own branding. The gallery is huge and you can find templates related to any industry. You name it and QuickBooks with sure have it, be it a service industry, non-profit organizations, or just small retail stores. Thus QuickBooks is great not only for your accounting needs but for building brands as well.
Steps to Setup Invoice Template in QuickBooks
1. Choosing the Template in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has a huge gallery of invoice templates within its library. Choosing the preferred template of your choice is a task in itself and here you can have no shortcuts. The best you can do is filter out the templates by the industry you are in and then click on each template to see how it will appear when printed. Here is how you will do that.
- Login to your QuickBooks account.
- On the dashboard, click on the Customer’s tab. This you can find on the top of your navigation bar.
- Choose to create invoices from the drop down menu that appear.
- If you want to view how your current invoice appears, then click on the print preview This will show you the template design when printed and will help you decide on the invoice layout.
- Click the exit button to close the preview window.
- To choose another template, select the customize button.
- Choose Manage template tab from the drop down menu and you will see a long list of invoice templates you can use for your branding purposes.
- To see how each template would appear when printed, you will have to click on each thumbnail one by one.
- When you are ready to apply the template design as your own invoice template then just click ok.
2. Set up Invoice Template in QuickBooks
QuickBooks allows you to edit every single part of the template, be it the logo, the color palettes, or the appearance of the template. In other words, you can make the template look like your own design without anyone noticing. To do that, just follow the steps and set up your invoice.
- From the template, you selected, click on the edit button. This you will find beneath the template thumbnail or on the right-hand side (depending on the QuickBooks version you are using).
- On the left side of the screen, you can find different styles to choose from. They may include:
- Bold and
- Add your Company’s Logo: The option to add logo can be found on the right side of the page. Simply click on the drop down button to add your logo. Adjust the slide to fit your logo inside the box.
- Choose the color scheme: You can choose from the different set of colors to match your branding. Do so by clicking on the drop down arrow in the Colors window. If you don’t like anything from the set of available colors then choose any color from the web, take out its RGB value and put the code in the value section.
- Change appearance: Here you can change the entire look of the template. Choose from the following options to suit your needs:
- Logo placement: Where do you want the logo to appear on your invoice?
- Font: Choose from the available fonts, in which you want the text to be written. You can even choose how big you want the font to be.
- Line height: This will impact spacing between two lines.
- Page margin: Define the top and the bottom margin to have a nicely formatted invoice, Etc.
- PDF Preview: Find the tab on the bottom of your screen. Clicking it will allow you to see changes made so far and how it will appear when printed.
- Make any further adjustments if needed.
- When all done, click on the save tab on the bottom of your screen. Now your changes will be applied to the invoice and going further you will be able to use this template as your invoice.
Hope you were able to set up your invoice template in QuickBooks with ease.
If you are still facing issues then comment in the section below and we will help sort out your problem “Set up Invoice Template in QuickBooks”. For instant help, dial our QuickBooks support team or chat with experts.