Reconciliation statements are important for ensuring the accuracy of books. They also help accountants in figuring out cases of frauds. Still, if you made an error while reconciling a particular account, you can undo the reconciliation easily with QuickBooks. For doing so, we will find the reconciliation statement and the reconciled account and then proceed further. Thus today we will figure out how to unreconcile in QuickBooks the easy way.
What is the Process of Unreconcile in QuickBooks Account
Chart of accounts can be used for searching for a particular account. You can easily view all the reconciled and reconciled accounts. The smart search feature available to QB 2017 users can be used for easily searching for particular accounts that might contain the transaction. You can also apply filters to a particular account for narrowing down the search. Though the task of filtering down the transaction is easy most people have found issues doing the same.
If you are facing any issues using Chart of account, then here is an easy way for searching a particular entry. For finding a particular reconciliation statement, just follow the steps below:
- From the left navigation menu, select Reports.
- Enter the date range for which you want to filter all the transactions. Before doing so, select Transaction List by Date.
- Hit Match.
- Add other filters that might help you in narrowing down your search.
- Select memo and type Reconcile Adjustment.
- Hit Run Report.
After the report is compiled, QB will present you with links and details of all the transactions that fulfill the search criteria.
- Now select the transaction that you want to unreconcile.
- Remove the checkmark from the box beside Deposit.
- Click on save and click Yes on the confirmation message.
Repeat the process for each transaction that you wish to Unreconcile. Also, make sure to reconcile these transactions on a later date. Leaving transactions unreconciled may cause errors in your books.
How to Unreconcile in QuickBooks: Using Chart of accounts
Though many people find issues using Chart of Accounts for unreconciliation, if you face issues following the steps above then follow this process:
- From your QuickBooks company file, navigate to the transactions tab.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Chart of Accounts tab.
- Locate your Bank account on the dashboard and choose view registers tab.
- Find the entry that you have reconciled and now want to Unreconcile.
- Find the Deposits tab and click on the box alongside it.
- Now edit the status of the field as per your need. If you leave the box empty then this would signify that the transaction has been unreconciled. “C” would mean that the entry has now been cleared.
- Hit Save and if any dialogue appears then choose to click OK.
Delete the Reconciliation Adjustment
Many a time’s people create a reconciliation adjustment to reconcile entries. This is done so in order to balance entries within QuickBooks. If such a thing ever happens then the program creates a note, labeling it as Reconciliation Adjustment.
If you have also ever created such a transaction then you would need to first delete that entry before un-reconcile. This you can do so by following the below-given steps:
- Within QuickBooks Dashboard, click on the search option and then hit the Advanced search
- Within the dialogue box that appears, apply the filters as per your need to narrow down your search. The best you can do is:
- Choose the Memos tab.
- Select the parameter as “Contain”.
- And then choosing Reconcile from the list of options.
- If you are satisfied from the parameters set, hit search. If everything goes right then you will see entries that you have reconciled so far.
- Select the entry that you want to unreconcile and that also has to reconcile adjustment.
- Delete the note and now reconcile following the above-given steps.
Hope now you are clear over “How to unreconcile in QuickBooks Online 2020”. But if you are still facing issues and are not able to unreconcile successfully then we request you to get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals. Our QB experts remain available round the clock to help fix your issue. Thus, delay no more and fix your issue now, over a call.
You can even give us a call at our QuickBooks Technical Support, USA and CA talk to our ProAdvisor now.