QuickBooks is a leading software in the accounting market in the present time. It can make many complicated tasks easier to handle and complete in an accurate manner. Whether the organization is a new startup or a well established business house, a software like QuickBooks can be very useful for companies of all domains. The software can manage data and store it in a secure way. It is tremendously efficient software.
It helps in tracking inventory and one can analyze up to date records with a software like QuickBooks. However, it is not necessary that the QuickBooks user will not have any doubt related to the software while working on it. Whether it is about making an appropriate budget, managing monthly payroll, cash flow analysis, bonus calculations, etc, the team at Myqbpos will glad to help you.
Let us explore one of the queries that QuickBooks users usually have.
Steps for Importing an Excel File into QuickBooks Point of Sale Software
Quickbooks POS is an accounting solution that helps in tracking inventory and sales of small business houses. Microsoft Excel aids in creating a financial tracking system from the initial stages. QuickBooks Point of Sale helps in replacing the cash register. There will be many users who would love to import all the inventory, client or customer data into QuickBooks. Follow these steps for the importing:
- The user needs to go to the Quickbooks menu bar and click on File.
- The Utilities have to be clicked from the drop-down menu.
- Then Import has to be clicked to launch the Data Import Wizard and then go to Next.
- There will be an option button that matches with the kind of data in the Excel spreadsheet. These options are normally customers, vendors and inventory items. If the Excel spreadsheet has vendor related items, choose vendor and so on.
- Go to Next
- There will be a option tab- customs file that can enhance the flexibility while the translating takes place. Go to Next.
- Select ‘Browse’. Go to the Excel WorkBook.
- There will be a drop down box by the title ‘Data is on Sheet’. Choose the sheet that needs to be imported.
- Type in the number in the place which says ‘Data starts on Row’. For example, if it’s your Excel’s first row that contains titles, type in 2.
- Then go to ‘File mapping and select’ to unlock the Mappings dialog box. This box has fields for QuickBooks spreadsheet and asks you to choose accordingly.
- Check out the drop down option. This you can find in the import data field.
- Go to ‘Save’ to shut the Mappings dialog box. Go to Next twice for opening the final screen.
- Select Import.
In case the user is not able to completely understand how to import an excel file into QuickBooks Point of Sale software even after following the above steps, it is advisable to take help from the team of experts at Myqbpos. They will give uninterrupted services on any aspect of the QuickBooks software with pleasure.
What is Myqbpos?
Myqbpos is the QuickBooks technical support team that is available round the clock. This QuickBooks customer support team is highly trained to resolve all queries related to QuickBooks in the fastest possible time. The main aim of the team is complete customer satisfaction. Reach out to the team at the toll free number 1800-274-4168. You can also visit our website and request for Online Chat Support for instant resolutions.