The purpose of this article is to discuss how users can manually “import invoices into Sage 50“. The way able to import invoices into Sage 50 either in the form of a CSV file or an Excel file is to use the Sage 50 export option.
The process to import any Sage 50 data in the form of a CSV file or an Excel file is a two-fold process, but the process is very fast and easy to follow for all users who use Sage 50.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Get instant assistance with Sage accounting software. Our Sage experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of Sage 50 Software.We get help you on these Sage 50 topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Import Invoices into Sage 50
- 2 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
How to Import Invoices into Sage 50
Before the user can start the process to import invoices into Sage 50, there is another thing that needs to be taken care of by the user. The user needs to kick this process off by first downloading their invoice data. To download their invoice data, the user must follow these steps in order to be able to successfully downloading or Import Invoices into Sage 50 to start the process.
- The first step that needs to be completed by the user to download their invoice data is to select the files that they wish to download.
- Selecting the checkbox that is located to the left to place a check mark which signifies that the user wants that particular file to be selected.
- The prompt will contain a button that says ‘Download’, and the prompt should appear at the top of the list.
- Upon pressing this button, the user will see a dropdown list on the prompt which will contain various types of file formats that their selected files can be downloaded.
- Next, The user must select the file format that they wish to download their selected files as.
- After the subsequent step, The user can also go ahead and download all invoices in the ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Archive’ folders just as easily.
- To download all invoices in the ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Archive’ folders, the user just needs to select ‘All’ from the main checkbox, which can be found just above the first invoice of the list.
- Thereafter, Clicking on that checkbox will open a dropdown list that will also contain other options such as ‘None’, but the user must select ‘All’ if they wish to download all invoices in the ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Archive’ folders.
- If the user selects all the invoices to download all invoices in the ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Archive’ folders, then, in that case, AutoEntry will be bound to only select all of the invoices that are shown on the first page of the ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Archive’ folders.
- If the number of pages of invoices is more than 1, then the user must click on the link that is located in the yellow banner across the top of the page in order to select all the invoices that are over and above the first page.
- Now, The message in the yellow banner will look like this: “All xxx invoices on this page are selected. Select all yyy invoices in Inbox”. Here, ‘xxx’ denotes the number of invoices that are on the page, and ‘yyy’ denotes the total number of invoices that are in the ‘Inbox’ folder.
- You will get a confirmation message in another yellow banner across the top of the screen. This message will say: “All yyy invoices are selected. Clear Selection”.
- Here, ‘yyy’ denotes the total number of invoices that are in the ‘Inbox’ or ‘Archive’ folder.
- The ‘Clear Selection’ part of the message is actually a link that the user can press to clear all their selections.
- At this point, all the invoices that are present in the ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Archive’ folder will have been included in the download.
Once the user has successfully downloaded their invoice data without any issues, there is nothing left for them to do but import the downloaded data into Sage 50. Following are the steps that users must follow if they want to be able to Import Invoices into Sage 50 successfully.
- Open Sage 50
- User must go to ‘File’, which can be found at the top left in the menu bar.
- In the ‘File’ menu, the user must select ‘Import’.
- When the user has pressed the ‘Import’ option, the user will see a window open up in front of them that will explain the fact that Excel files can be imported containing comma-separated values.
- The window will also provide the user with a link that shows the correct import structure.
- Once the user has understood the import structure, they can press the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the type of data that they wish to import.
- The user must select the ‘Audit Trail transactions’ option from the list.
- The user must click ‘Browse’, and they also must select ‘All Files. Selecting ‘All Files’ tells the system to look for files of all formats and not just Excel files. The user must then navigate to where they previously saved the data file that they downloaded.
- Thereafter, The user will be asked to map the fields in their data to the fields in Sage 50 Accounts after they have opened the file in Sage 50 that they previously downloaded. They can leave the field mapping as default.
- After setting the field mapping to default, the user can simply press ‘Next’, and then they can press ‘Import’.
- The user will then have successfully imported their invoices into Sage 50.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to import an excel spreadsheet into Sage 50?
Yes, it is quite generally possible to import an excel spreadsheet into Sage 50.
Here’s how to do it:
● First, start by selecting Import/Export from the file menu itself.
● Second, choose the program area and then click on the template to use.
● Third, proceed to select the import button.
● Finally, show a check box for each field that is included in your file.
Usually what are the invoices that don’t hold any space and be imported into Sage accounting?
Data Importing Accounting software allows you to input specific corporate data. Except for import transactions, you can only import customer, supplier, item, and asset data.
Where are Sage Import templates located?
To access these templates, in Sage 50cloud Accounts, go to Help, then About. Click the Program Directory link in the Program Details section. Double-click the Import Templates folder to open it.