QuickBooks is a highly underrated program. The reason we say this is because people only take this as a software to maintain one’s books of accounts. But believe us this is not all that you can do with it. Read how to “Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel“.
QuickBooks Payroll Data
QuickBooks is highly capable to payroll data maintain and import into QuickBooks from excel. Other things include.
- Consolidating your data,
- Track all the sales and expenses you do,
- Create and manage all your invoices and send them via email from within QuickBooks,
- Your profit and loss, cash flow statements, balance sheet reports can be made with ease.
- Tracking debtors and creditors is a breeze with QB.
- Tax computation with just a click of a button.
Having all these features compiled within one program makes QuickBooks highly intuitive. Thus if you are so far using QB just to digitalis your books then we must say that you are underestimating its performance.
Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel
If your payroll data is being maintained by you or any third party in excel then at some point you would want the same data to be imported in QuickBooks. If you don’t know how to do that already then just follow along to do that. There are basically 3 ways import your payroll data in QuickBooks from excel, these are:
- Using advanced import method.
- Using a specifically formatted excel file.
- Using the copy and paste method.
Though the other 2 methods are self-explanatory, thus today we will focus on the most advanced method of importing payroll data in QuickBooks. Using this method allows you to keep the formatting and readability intact. Thus wasting no time further lets straight jump into an advanced method of importing.
Advanced Import Method: Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel
Not only payroll data of your employees but you can also import a list of your customers, suppliers and any item that you maintain. Any data that you want to keep a track on can be easily imported within QuickBooks. But the process will differ for each and every import.
There are a certain set of requirements that you need to full fill before doing an import. These very requirements should be specified in your excel file so that content within QuickBooks becomes much more useful and readable. Requirements that you would be required to fulfill can be seen from the sample file report.
Download sample data.
Follow the steps to download the sample file.
- Login to your QuickBooks and click on the settings tab, you can find that from the top navigation bar.
- From the drop down list, choose the import data tab,
- Choose the file type and click on the download sample
- Once the sample file is downloaded, open the file along with the excel sheet you maintained the data in.
- Copy and paste your data in the appropriate columns in the sample file you downloaded.
Steps to Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel
Follow above all steps to import data..
Total Time: 12 minutes
🔹 Start by backing up your payroll data.
🔹 It’s always a good idea to maintain a backup file as you are dealing with your financials.
🔹 It’s always best to secure your data in an external hard drive if possible.
🔹 Choose the file menu tab from the top navigation bar,
🔹 Select utility tab and navigate to imports
🔹 Choose excel file and hit over the advanced import
🔹 From the preferences button, specify how you would like to handle duplicate entries and errors within your .csv spreadsheet.
🔹 Click the import button; navigate to the file that needs to be imported and click open.
Your file will now be successfully imported. If you find any errors then the same can be corrected within the error log window.
Read more.. Import QBXML File into QuickBooks
Hope you are able to fix your issue and you are able to import payroll data into QuickBooks from excel, but if you are still facing any problem then contact us now. Our QuickBooks ProAdvisor will take your query on a priority basis and help you fix your issue in no time.