Sage 50 is one of the biggest known accounting software for organizations. While using the software most people think that how can they import the transactions to Sage 50 through a .IMP file. Today below article is available with all the points and information about “how to import transactions into Sage 50“.
Steps to Import Transactions into Sage 50:
Follow above all steps to import.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Step 1: Import File from Sage 50
🔹 Click on File >> import/export >> Import Transaction
🔹 Select Import purchase invoice >> Purchase quotes >> sales invoices >> sales order and time slips
🔹 Now click on next >> and create a backup and click on Next
🔹 Locate the location of the .IMP file and click on Open
Step 2: Import Transactions
🔹 Go to the location where Sage 50 is installed and invoke the Sage _SA_import.exe
🔹 Get the location of the Sage 50 database file and click on Open
🔹 Click on ok to select yours .IMP import file and click on the “open” option
Directly you can’t import the payroll but yes you can import timeslips.
The import file consists of two parts, header information, and one or more transactions. Every part of the information is closed in <>.
• The Header section is inserted between tags and contain a various number of import file versions and the country code
• Enter 12001 for the version
• Below are the country code based on the status of the version of Sage 50
1. Canada – 1
2. USA -2
3. French – 3
4. Australia – 5
5. International Country Code – 7
• Example –
<Version> "12001", "1" </Version>""
The Transactions which are supported are mentioned below :
• Sales invoice
• Purchase invoice
• Sales order
• Adding a customer
• adding a vendor
• Purchase Quote
- Each part of transactions is inserted in a pair of case sensitive tags. The details lines with tags are separated by comma and string should be in”
- All the information except other than adding customer and vendors, the initial first lines contain the customer or vendor information and the second line consists of transactions options after that a list of one or more details line
- All the lines started with <! are the comments line
How to add customers or vendors
- You can add customer and vendors by using the and transaction types
- It will contain one or more customer/vendor line
|Name||Max 52 Chars||Compulsory|
|OneTimeFlag||1 = one-time Customer or vendor, 0= Existing customer or vendor||Optional|
|Contact Name||Max 30 chars||Optional|
|Street 1||Max 50 chars||Optional|
|Street 2||Max 50 chars||Optional|
|City||Max 35 chars||Optional|
|Province/State||Max 20 chars||Optional|
|Country||Max 9 chars – unformatted||Optional|
|Phone 1||Max 30 chars||Optional|
|Phone 2||Max 25 chars – unformatted||Optional|
|Fax||Max 25 chars – unformatted||Optional|
|Max 50 chars||Optional|
How to add purchase Invoices and Purchase Quotes
- To add purchase voice, you can use the transaction type
- To add a purchase quote, you can use the transaction type
- Inside the tags, there is a single vendor line, one transaction option line, and one more details line
- To add a sales invoice you can use the transaction type
- It consists of one customer line, one transaction option line, and one or more detail line
- Use the transaction type to add a sale order
- It consists of one customer line, one transaction option line, and one more details line
- use the transaction type to add the timeslips.
- it consists of one employee line, one transaction option line, and one or more details line.
For any help get connected with the Sage team Dial +1888-461-1609. The sage team is available 24*7 to assist you with the latest tools, information, and software. Experts are polite, professional, and quick listeners to solve all your queries in a given time with complete satisfaction. You can also email at email@example.com and soon one of the Sage 50 support experts get back to you with the desired details.