This article has been compiled for those users who are trying to migrate data from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll. It provides step-by-step instructions on how users can easily complete the process properly without any mistakes.
The migration process from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll is very helpful and efficient. This is because it saves the user a lot of time and energy if the user is required to enter the information for a large number of employees. Whenever doing anything, humans also leave some room for errors. Errors, in this case, are the various kinds of processing errors if the data is entered manually.
Table of Contents
- 1 Things to keep in Mind Before Beginning the Migration Process
- 2 Steps to Migrate Data from Sage 50 Canadian Edition
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Things to keep in Mind Before Beginning the Migration Process
There are only a couple of things that the user must keep in mind before they can begin with the migration process from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll.
- The first thing keep in mind is that they must have Sage 50 installed on the workstation that the user is using for the migration.
- The second thing to keep in mind is that each employee that has been saved in the Sage 50 databases has an email address and their respective hire date associated with their names.
If there is no hire date mentioned for an employee in that case, Sage HR will go ahead and set the hire or start date for that employee as the date the data is being exported from the Sage 50 Canadian Edition to the Sage HR and Payroll. This is a common mistake, and the user who is trying to migrate their information from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll must keep this small detail in mind to avoid this error and other potential errors that could arise from this.
Steps to Migrate Data from Sage 50 Canadian Edition
The process to migrate the user’s data from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll is a two-fold process. The first thing that the user needs to do to begin this two-fold process is to export the data from Sage 50 Canadian Edition. Once that is done, then the user needs to import the data they just exported from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll.
It is an easy-to-complete process, and the user can follow the steps explained below in detail to complete this process with ease:
Step 1: Exporting the data from Sage 50 Canadian Edition
- To begin this step, Download the Sage Migration Tool
- Select ‘Run’ to run the migration tool and then select ‘I agree’ wherever required, and then press ‘Next’.
- The user must press the ‘Launch’ button that can be found on the setup wizard prompt window in front of them.
- The user must set Sage 50 Canadian Edition as the application they are trying to migrate their data from, and Sage HR and Payroll as the application they are trying to migrate their data to. After setting these two fields, the user can press ‘Next’.
- The user must review and should be able to understand all the information in front of them, and then the user can simply select ‘Next’.
- Now, the user needs to browse their company file with the file extension of ‘.sai’. and then the press ‘Next’.
- The user must review and should be able to understand all the information and then the user can simply select ‘Next’.
- Now, the user will be able to see a list of all of their employees in front of them. From this list, select all those employee records that they are trying to migrate. After the selection is complete, the user can press ‘Next’.
- A migration file will be created by the migration tool with all the data that can be migrated out of the Sage 50 Canadian Edition application.
- The user must browse to the location where they want this migration file to be saved on their workstation, and then they can hit ‘Next’.
- If the user wishes to make any changes before the last step, then they can press ‘Back’. If the user does not wish to make any changes, then they can simply press ‘Create’.
Step 2: Importing the Data into Sage HR
- The first step start the import data into Sage HR is that they need to log into Sage HR using their credentials.
- Select the ‘Company’ tab that is within the Sage HR application.
- In the ‘Company’ menu, to import their data into Sage HR. The user must click on the ‘Import’ option.
- Now needs to browse to the location where they stored their migration file. Once the found the migration file choose that file and it will be taken in to be imported.
- Now, set some policies that they wish to be added to each of the employees that they imported then press ‘Import’.
- Any missing information can be added right back by the user at this step that the user has reached to currently.
Once all the aforementioned steps have been completed thoroughly, all the data would have been imported from Sage 50 Canadian Edition to Sage HR and Payroll successfully.