This error occurs on Windows 7, specifically when you are trying to open the sample company or your own data. Sage 50 faces a network error which stops you from connecting to the server. Consequently, Sage 50 stops working. To resolve the Network Error Sage 50 Stopped Working Windows 7 you need to go through a couple of troubleshooting methods.
Following the steps would require a technical knowledge on your part. But do that with utmost care as you may otherwise compromise your own company files. Thus in case of any issues, get connected with Sage 50 Installation support.
Network Error Sage 50 Stopped Working Windows 7, Why it happens
When you try to access a computer on the server, you come across this error which reads- A network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager. Please try again later. Also, there are chances of this error occurring when you upgrade your Sage 50 on a standalone machine.
Causes for the Error:
There are several reasons that we can point out at for the problem. We are naming them below:
- Share Folder is broken.
- Your computers are accessed on different networks.
- Windows XP, Vista & Windows Server 2008 are not supported by the latest Sage 50 2018.
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 works only on:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
- The Connection manager is turned off on the server.
How to resolve Sage 50 Network Error?
Though we are trying to cover 3 different solutions, but please make note that they don’t guarantee a fix, because of different causes of the error. If by following the steps you are still not sorted then get help via experts. Dial the tollfree number provided.
Solution No. 1:
Open the company file by using Primary System IP Address:
- Go to Sage 50 icon on your desktop screen.
- Opt for Open An Existing Company.
- Go to the file name and type: \The IP Address of computer where the data is stored
- Go to the data file. (.sai)
- Now try to open the company file.
Solution No. 2: General Resolutions:
- Verify the status of the connection manager. See if it is running on the workstation or the server.
- Ensure that you are able to open the database both on the server and the workstations without any problem.
- Launch your Windows Explorer and follow this path: Tools> Folder options> View.
- You will see an option- Open Simple File Sharing. Unselect it. You can do it on Windows 7 by following this path: Organize, Folder and search options, View.
- Go to Use Sharing Wizard and Unselect it.
- Hit Ok and attempt to access the file once more.
Solution No. 3:
Ensuring that all computers are on the same workgroup.
- Go to My Computer and right-click it.
- Select Properties and go to the tab Computer Name.
- You will need to compare the names for workgroup both on the server computer and workstation computer.
- To access the data from the workstation, you will have to use the server’s IP Address.
- Go to the Open Company window, and enter the IP Address of the server in the File Name Box and go to the folder which is storing the data.
Get instant access to Sage customer support over phone at 1800-865-4183 (tollfree).
You should be able to resolve the issue by following these simple solutions provided above. In case you are still not sorted and facing “Network Error Sage 50 Stopped Working on Windows 7” you can always get in touch with the Sage 50 help desk. The customer support will help you figure out not only the cause but also help you fix your issue. Thus wait no longer and connect with them now.