When you try to send an invoice through an email on Sage 50, you encounter an error which stops you from sending it through. The kind of message displayed can be like, Outlook Mapi Error, please fix your issue before moving ahead. This error takes place on computers running with multiple email assistant applications running on them.
Outlook Mapi Error. What is it?
If you have more than one versions of Outlook installed on your computer system, you face Mapi Error in Sage. You need to have some technical knowledge to be able to resolve this error, as the steps are little complicated and may put you data at risk.
Thus either follow the steps knowing what you are upto or connect via Sage Support.
When you try to send an invoice on Sage 50, this error message appears on the screen of your computer, that reads like:
‘Email MAPI error: An error occurred in sending the message. Return Code 26’, or ‘Return code 2, MAPI E error’.
Reasons for the Outlook error:
There are two main reasons why this error occurs on your Sage 50:
- There are more than one versions of Outlook installed on your computer system.
- Outlook is being run with Administrator while Sage 50 is running as a User. Consequently, there was a discrepancy in their communication.
Resolution of the Sage 50 Mapi Error:
We will follow a few simple troubleshooting methods to resolve this error for us:
Solution No. 1: Updating Windows
- Go to your desktop and open the Control Panel, then navigate to Windows Update.
- From here you will need to check for the latest updates and install them.
Solution No. 2: Setting the default programs:
- Start your computer with Administrator Rights.
- Open the Control Panel on the computer and then navigate to this location- Default Programs> Set your default program.
- You will see a list of programs on the column given on the left side, choose your default email program from there.
- Next, click on Set This Program As Default and hit Ok.
- Now, choose Set Program Access and Computer Defaults
- Go to Custom, click it and then click the down arrow on its right side.
- You will see Choose a default email program, opt for a proper email program from here.
- Restart both Sage 50 and the Default email software.
- Ensure that the email address you are sending the invoices to is there in the contact list in the default email program.
- You should be able to email the transactions now.
Still not able to figure out why you see Sage 50 Outlook mapi error, well then follow the steps given below…
Solution No. 3: Check that the Outlook Add-in is installed on your Sage 50:
- Exit from both Sage 50 and Outlook.
- You will need to reinstall Sage 50 on your computer system.
- “You currently have Sage 50 installed…” will pop-up on the screen. Select Ok
- Select Add/Remove Program Components, and then proceed to Next.
- Unselect Add-in for Microsoft Outlook, and then proceed to Next.
- Go through the same procedure again and once again add the checkmark for Add-in for Microsoft Outlook to see that the add-on is installed.
- Finally, you should be able to email the Transaction from Sage 50.
Get connected with Sage Support instantly at 1800-865-4183.
Your error should be resolved in time if these solutions were followed precisely according to the guidelines. However, if you faced any difficulty or demand personal assistance then connect via Sage 50 Support phone number.