Qbwc1085 error: There was a problem with the log file Error. If this is the kind of error you have seen when logged into your QuickBooks then this is something that needs to be reported.
QuickBooks is straight forward accounting software that is meant to keep your business accounts in a safe and secure environment. The software is integrated with smart features and tools that not only help in handling the daily accounting and financial operations but also helps in payroll management and tax filing. At times QuickBooks runs of track and faces errors. “QBWC1085 error” is one among them. This QuickBooks error happens when the user opens QuickBooks Enterprise application. In such scenario you can view one of these errors:
- QuickBooks has failed to write the log file. The log file is facing issues.
- QB has detected an error. QuickBooks Web Connector now is running without the log file.
- At times you can face this error with message “Exception Type Error: Unknown name”
Like any software QuickBooks also face error. The error restricts the user from smoothly running and hinders the workflow. The QBWC1085 error occurs when the QWCLOG.TXT file used by the Web Connector program gets corrupt/damaged or restricts access.
Steps to fix QBWC1085 Error:
- Close QuickBooks program and Web Connector
- Select the below:
- If you are working on Windows 7 or 8 or Vista then navigate through this path – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log
- For Windows XP users follow this path – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users then locate the Application Data and head over to Intuit folder. Here you will find the QBWebConnector log file.
- Now you would have to replace the file name QWCLOGOLD.TXT to QWCLOG.TXT.
- Open Web Connector program again.
- Restart the computer
- Open QuickBooks application and open your third-party program.
After following the above steps the computer will possibly start and QuickBooks software will open without the error. Thereafter you will be able to integrate with your third party application.
In case you are unable to open your QuickBooks software then immediately report the issue to QuickBooks customer support. The QB support team comprise of QuickBooks experts who are experienced and knowledgeable and are capable of fixing all the errors that QuickBooks users face. You can approach the support team through email support or can even do Quickbooks chat for instant support.