QuickBooks needs access to certain network ports for functioning properly, if you are using “QuickBooks 2017 firewall ports” need to set up, and fix the issue. This becomes more vital when QB is hosted on a server.
Also, for updating QB, users need proper access to the internet. There are many security programs that can block QuickBooks from connecting to the network. This software often blocks the communication of QB from particular ports.
Speak to a Specialist about Your QuickBooks Software
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
Hence, users encounter errors such as H202, H303, and so on. These errors are difficult to diagnose and troubleshoot. Therefore, users often find themselves in a dire situation that hinders their workflow.
QuickBooks 2017 Firewall Ports: Disable Windows Firewall
Windows firewall is one such security software that can often block the connection for QB. To ascertain this, you must disable the windows firewall and try running QB again. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
If at any point in time you need Consultant then connect with us:
- Open Control Panel within your system.
- Select Windows Firewall from the displayed tab.
- Click on disable windows firewall.
- Go back to the windows firewall dialogue box.
- Select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Click on the Inbound Rules tab from the left navigation panel.
- Click on New Rule from the right navigation panel.
- Select Program from the provided options.
- Click on next.
- Select the Program Path. Click on browse and select the executable file (.exe file) for QB.
- Windows firewall will prompt you with the question, “What action should be taken when a connection matches the specified conditions?” Select Allow the Connection. Click on next.
- Mark all the three options, i.e., Domain, Public or Private and click on next.
- Type a name and description for this rule. Create a comprehensive description so that you can easily remember what the rule was created for.
- Click on finish.
- Now choose outbound rules from the windows firewall with advanced settings.
- Repeat the steps that you followed for setting the inbound rules.
- Click on finish.
Now firewall will unblock any port that QB needs access to. Also, you can easily change these rules through a windows firewall with advanced security. Now open QB and check if the error still persists.
Resolve Issue Firewall has Blocked Access to the Internet
Intuit provides a QuickBooks file doctor which scans both network and the company file for issues. You can download it via their website and install it on your system.
Before downloading the program get advice from your QuickBooks Consultant team. This is because the program is sometimes found to be infected. People have often complained that after downloading the software it has damaged their company data file. Thus tread with caution.
Then select the company file and click on scan. This tool will try to find network errors before beginning the scan of the company file. Hence, you will be informed about any network errors within minutes.
Resolve your Network Issues
Take appropriate steps to solve the network issue. Contact your Internet Service Provider for getting issues resolved. Sometimes ISPs block certain ports for unnecessary programs. These ports are used for specific software. Hence, you can contact your ISP and ascertain whether or not they are blocking the connection.
Steps to allow QuickBooks 2017 Firewall Ports on your System:
Follow these steps to allow specific ports:
- Open Windows Firewall and click on the advanced settings tab.
- Select Inbound Rules.
- Selects Ports.
- Click on next.
- Select TCT.
- Fill in the port ID in the specific local ports input box. Ports differ according to the version of QB:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- QuickBooks Desktop 2014: 8019, 56724, 55358-55362
- Click on Next
- Select Allow the Connection.
- Enter the name and description for the rule and click on finish.
- Repeat the steps for setting outbound rules.
These ports will not be blocked by the Windows firewall. You should now be able to connect to the network with QB easily.