Want to make use of additional features within QuickBooks then required “Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to 2020“. QuickBooks is an excellent software with many features that can make tasks easier for everyone.
It has received excellent feedback from the accounting community because of its ease of use and user-friendly interface. It helps to efficiently handle various tasks in a more streamlined manner.
Table of Contents
Why You Need to Upgrade QuickBooks 2017
Many mid-size and small-size organizations are using the software for accurately completing accounting tasks and for faster results. However, to fix all the bugs and loopholes of the previous versions, it is advisable to upgrade the QuickBooks Desktop software promptly to enjoy a pleasant working experience. QuickBooks users who are using the 2017 version need to Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to the 2020 version to enjoy all the additional features.
Ways to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to 2020
QuickBooks updating is different from QuickBooks upgrading. For example, updating QuickBooks can mean QuickBooks 2017 R3P to R5P. All the QuickBooks-related files can be accessed from any part of the globe. This aids in creating a very collaborative environment that is useful for every QuickBooks user. It helps in working in a better way with clients across the world.
There are many ways of upgrading QuickBooks software like
- One can download QuickBooks from the Internet. But you will need the license key to activate the software.
- The other way can be to do it manually from within QuickBooks.
- Follow these steps to complete the upgradation process correctly.
Steps on How to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to 2020
Let us discuss in detail how to do it. However, the up-gradation of QuickBooks means upgrading the version from QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
- The user has to first go to the File menu.
- Then close the company file or simply log off.
Note:- In case, the user opens multiple company files in QuickBooks Desktop, then do this for each company file that has been opened.
- Now log in to the software as admin.
- Choose the QuickBooks desktop icon and right-click on the same.
- Take a complete backup of your company files and save them in the root folder.
- The user has to be on the No Company Open screen.
- Now a window will appear, where a code needs to be entered. Enter the same as [K0w16].
- Now, select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ from the Help Menu.
- Go to options and then choose the Mark All button.
- Then the user has to save it and then choose ‘Update Now.
- Choose ‘Reset Update’ and then select the Get Updates button.
- Once the update is complete message shows, that the QuickBooks Desktop has to be closed.
- Next, the user has to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the message comes to install the update, the user has to select ‘Yes’.
- After the whole process, the system has to be restarted.
Please note: Upgrading or updating QuickBooks is not easy as the process if goes wrong can seriously damage your company files. You even end up loosing your data. Thus it is always required that you take a professional help before taking a step.
If the above steps have been followed perfectly and you face no issues then you will have a successful upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to 2020. But if in case there is any issue then you will have to immediately dial for QuickBooks 2017 Consultant.
We are a QuickBooks Consultant firm that provides all the technical Consultants to QB users. We help QuickBooks users in correctly upgrading the software without any harm to the software or data files. This QuickBooks Consultant team has many years of experience in dealing with Consultants on the upgradation of QuickBooks-related issues.
Thus if you are still facing Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to 2020 issues then talk to the team via the toll-free number and yes we are available 24/7.