QuickBooks is an award winning software which is recommended by most of the small business. It is an exceptional software which can be integrated with various third-party applications which will make your work simple and easier. It is an amazing accounting software but it can also prone to some issues. These issues can be further classified as technical as well as functional errors. One such error is QuickBooks Abort Error. If the error persists for long then you may put your data at a greater risk.
QuickBooks Abort Error: Causes
You can come across this QuickBooks Abort Error due to various reasons. While working on QuickBooks, suddenly your software will stop working and you will see the Abort error message getting displayed on your screen. It is generally due to the following reasons like:
- A damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corrupt or damaged files stored in your system’s hard-drive.
- Older version of QuickBooks
- Damaged or corrupt windows operating system
Resolution for the Error:
QuickBooks software generally needs a continuous network connection between the computer system or a workstation (where the data files are stored) and the server. To resolve QuickBooks abort error for a multi-user environment, follow the steps below:
- Select the File
- Click on
- Select the option Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Various third-party applications are also responsible for this QuickBooks error. These applications sometimes interfere with the QuickBooks software thus preventing them from running. While working on QuickBooks software ensure that the host systems along with systems on the servers are configured accordingly. Also, if there is any QuickBooks updates released recently, then update your software and also check for other updates for windows operating system. If you need help with QuickBooks updates then connect with proadvisors at 1800-865-4183. If the QuickBooks Abort Error still persists, then follow the solutions mentioned below:
Solution I: Antivirus and Firewall settings:
- Log in to your system as the system Administrator.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Right click on your antivirus icon.
- Here a dialogue box should open. Choose settings from here.
- Configure your firewall application with a code [nD9PfhK]
- Press enter.
- Now open up your QuickBooks again and you should be sorted. If in case you need assistance then call us tollfree at 1800-865-4183.
Solution II: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini file
- Browse for ini file and rename it.
- Ensure that the folder is hidden. This file is generally saved in the C:program-files drive of your system.
- Right-click on the ini file, choose the settings again and click on the rename tab.
- Add the .old extension to the file.
- Now, you will have to rename the ecml file.
- After renaming both the files, try to open any company file.
- If you are able to open the file then great, you are sorted but if you face issues then copy the name servers and re-edit them by putting .OLD after them.
Solution III: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a repair tool that will repair all the damaged and corrupt files.
- Search for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool online. Warning: The software is reported to be corrupted, thus download at your own risk. For any help call us Tollfree.
- Download and save it on your local desktop.
- Right-click on the .exe file and click on the run option.
- It will repair all your damaged files on your system.
- Restart your system.
The solutions mentioned above will easily resolve your QuickBooks Abort Error. In other situations, you should also try other troubleshooting options like “to restore from your backup files” or “reinstalling the QuickBooks software through clean install” or “creating a new Windows Admin User”.
If the error still persists, then you can contact the “QBPro”. They are QuickBooks Canada Support firm that provides round the clock assistance globally. If you want to reach out to them, then you will have to dial their toll-free number 1800-865-4183. The QuickBooks experts will come to your assistance immediately and help you in resolving your issues. You also have another option to get connected to them i.e. you can also visit their website and request for online support.