Quickbooks already has a company file open
QuickBooks, the most demanded Intuit software is well known for its exceptional features that make daily accounting smooth and easy. With the powerful tools and modules, the software helps the business to escalate profitably. The program is richly stuffed with features, but at times the configuration goes wrong and an error occurs. At times you might encounter the QuickBooks error with an error message:
“QuickBooks has an open file, Your QuickBooks company file is already running”.
This QuickBooks error signifies as a default error, it means it is not malicious at all. It does not affect your important company data but blocks the application and restricts you from opening it. When you face this error, do not open the QuickBooks company file, as there are chances of the files getting crashed and this result to data loss.
Quickbooks already has a company file open: Causes.
There are six possible causes for this error. The actual cause of the error needs to be identified for successful resolution.
- There might be two situations of QuickBooks program open on the same computer.
- The Quick Start option might be turned on your computer.
- The different names of QuickBooks file that differs from the one that is setup originally in the QQube Configuration Tool, & attempting to refresh data. This usually happens if the installation id for a single-user.
- The different QuickBooks paths used to open a specific company file that is using a different path from the one that is setup in the initial stage in the QQube Configuration Tool and attempts to refresh the data. It also occurs if the installation is meant for the single user.
- In case a specific company file is open prior trying to open many QuickBooks company files at the same time.
- The improper configuration in a Remote Terminal Services Environment. While installing QQubethe suggested instructions were not followed properly.
When you see the error, do not open the QuickBooks file because otherwise, it might even crash, resulting in loss of data.
What you should do…?
If you are facing challenge with the issue “Quickbooks already has a company file open” then it is suggested that you talk to your proadvisor or give a call at our toll free number. Our technicians will look into the issue by sharing your screen and help fix your error.
The first and the foremost thing suggested to the users who face this error is to run QuickBooks File Doctor (details provided below). Many times the error gets resolved automatically when the tool is running.
Download and install the free tool that thoroughly scans the data and files stored in the system and identifies if there is any error. Once the file doctor identifies the error it fixes it automatically. In case you are facing issues in working with Quickbooks file doctor then follow these step by step process:
- If you already have the Quickbooks file doctor installed on your computer then click on the start option on your desktop.
- Check for the file doctor software and click open it.
- If in case you don’t have the software installed then download it from here.
Before downloading the program get advice from your prodvisor or call +1800-940-7442 to get support. This is because the program is sometimes found to be infected. People have often complained that after downloading the software it has damaged their company data file. Thus tread with caution.
- You will be able to install a zip file. Double click on that and look out for .exe file.
- Double click on the file and follow the instructions.
- Once you have it installed, you will see a short cut menu created. Now open the software by double clicking on it.
- Provide the relevant info and follow the set of prompts.
- You will be asked what you want to scan. Choose the program and follow the instructions.
- Now you will be able to run the program successfully.
- File doctor will scan for any error and will resolve it for you automatically.
- Try opening the file again and you should now see no problem.
Connect with us:
If you still face the issue then it must be because of the duplicate copy running in the background. Try killing that within your task manager and you should face no problem.
In case you are still facing the issue or have any related queries over “Quickbooks already has a company file open” then connect with our QuickBooks Canada customer support. The experienced QuickBooks team is capable of handling all the issues promptly. Thus get in touch with us now.