By default, the program is designed to print the below given bill payment stub but if you want to customize QuickBooks bill payment stub template then you can certainly do that.
Items that QuickBooks is designed to print on stubs:
If the above-given info doesn’t convince you to use the template then you can try customizing it. To modify the stub template and to use it as per your norms, you would need to follow the steps given below:
Quickbooks bill payment stub template: How to add more to them?
Print the name of the account:
- Login to your Quickbooks account and click on the Edit button.
- From the drop down menu click on the Preference tab and hit checking option.
- A window will appear, click on the company preference tab and choose the option “Print account names” and hit OK.
- Doing this will help you add account names on your bill stubs.
Customize pay stub of Employees:
- Again click on the Edit menu again and choose Payroll employees from the preferences tab.
- Check the radio button where it says voucher printing tab. You can get the access to this tab from the company preferences menu.
- From the window that will appear, you can modify the details that you want. You can do this by checking and un-checking the relevant boxes.
- Hit Ok when all done and exit the window.
What you cannot customize:
Though there is lot of info that you can make use of and customize your template with but there are certain things you cannot change. This is due to all the legal norms that you will have to comply with. These include:
- You cannot remove your Employees Social Security code. But in quickbooks 2007 you have the leverage of unchecking the last four digits.
- Hours worked and the amount fixed per day.
- Taxes paid by employees.
- Any deductions in wages.
- Any allowances or exemptions you are eligible for.
- Net pay of employees.
- Name along with the address of the company.
With customization you will be able to give your template a bit of personalization. Hope you were able to customize your data. But if you are still facing trouble then call us to talk to our Quickbooks proadvisor or simply request a call back.