You may have to face the following problems while creating or opening the company data files:
- The QuickBooks QuickBooks cannot get the network address of the server.
- Error message -6176 is unable to receive network identification of server.
Basic design of the QB program is not suitable to excercise its functions with the Virtual servers. If you access or store company files using the Virtual network, you will have to navigate those company files to the Windows computer and fix the error.
Quickbooks cannot get the network address of the server. We recommend you download the Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool which can access and possibly correct the problem. If the problem continues, contact Support for assistance. `Error codes: (-6176, 0).` How do I resolve this?
QuickBooks cannot get the network address of the server: Resolution
Inorder to fix your “QuickBooks cannot get the network address of the server” error, you may have to go through the series of steps given below. There are mentioned different solutions. For a permanent fix, you would need to try all of them and see, what works for you. Thus wasting anytime further, here are the steps provided.
Solution 1: Diagnose the System Errors
There might be close connection between the windows problems and computer virus. Intuit recommends running full scan after updating the definition of antivirus software.
- Instantly scan your system to identify and fix bugs:
- Update antivirus program.
- Activate antivirus software and run full scan.
- Important Note: If you cannot run or update antivirus software, there is possibility of having virus. You should get technical support from an IT professional to fix this problem.
- If antivirus software identifies no virus. Simply copy the company file to the other system and open it.
- If the QuickBooks company file successfully opens on another computer system, you should repair Windows installation on the computer that does not open file. You can get full support from the Windows technician or an IT person.
- If the QuickBooks company file remains closed on the other computer system or the same error appears along with a single company file, you company file is damaged. You can perform the solution 2.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor, install it and then run this application.
We don’t recommend downloading any 3rd party software as this may cause issues within your system and may put your QuickBooks company data at risk.
- If there is No problem diagnosed in your Company File, but the problem remains the same, you should practice the Solution 3.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Software Installation
- Close QuickBooks software.
- Repair QuickBooks software installation.
- If the error -6176,0 remains the same even after repairing the QuickBooks software installation, reinstall QuickBooks.
Reach us for help:
You can dial us tollfree at 1800-865-4183.
If by following the steps above you are still not able to fix your issue “QuickBooks cannot get the network address of the server” then connect with Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor support. QuickBooks is a typical accounting program but comes with lot of complexities. If you don’t want to find yourself behind all these error then reach out for immediate help and dial their tollfree number now.