QuickBooks is software that is used not only for managing the sales, inventory, tracking of the customer’s needs, etc but it also helps you in taking the right decision for growing your business. As a user of QuickBooks you might face quite a few issues while using it, one such issue you might encounter is QuickBooks Error 103. This article will give you the details on what causes the error and how to resolve it.
When does QuickBooks Error 103 occur?
It occurs when your financial institution is not acknowledging your sign in credentials that you have entered. In such a case QuickBooks has stopped accepting your login request hence you are required to update the login details. You have to update it on QuickBooks Online so that your banking access is not locked.
Causes for Error 103 QuickBooks:
- Missing cookies.
- Hardware facility has not turned on due to approval failure.
- .msi file bugs.
- QuickBooks configuration problem.
- Missing of configuration in internet browser.
Fixing the error:
There are four primary ways that the QuickBooks Error 103 can be solved, which are given below.
Solution no. 1
- Click on the link ‘Verify your credentials’ that is displayed on the error message page.
- A new window will open, which is of your bank’s website. Re-enter the login details of yours.
- Do not use auto-fill to enter the username and password details rather do it manually.
- Next log out of the bank’s website.
- Go back to QuickBooks.
- In that exact format re-enter the username and password that you entered on the bank’s website.
- Click on Update Sign-in Info.
Solution no. 2
- Select Banking from the left menu.
- Locate the pencil icon and click on it for the accounting.
- Locate the Edit Sign-in Info and click on it.
- At the top of the window you will find the hyperlink for the bank’s website, click on it.
- Bank’s website will open on a new window.
- Confirm the task. On doing that you will see the account summary, history and details without errors. Make sure you that through this site you can access the account.
Solution No. 3
- Locate the ‘Transactions’ and then click on Banking.
- Next click on Add account.
- A new window will open, type in your bank’s name in the box and next click on Search.
- Click on the name of your bank that is shown under All Matching Results. Click on New connection with different login.
- Next sign in with the details that you would also have for the bank’s website.
- Connect all your QuickBooks accounts with the bank accounts of yours. Do check that you are connecting the right accounts. After the checking, click on Connect.
- After all these steps are completed, you then have to click on OK, I am finished.
- Now starting working on the QuickBooks again to see if QuickBooks error 103 still appears.
Solution no. 4
- Select Transactions and click on Banking.
- Select the account that you want to disconnect and then locate and click on the pencil icon.
- Next go to the Edit Account Info and click on it.
- Locate the message ‘Disconnect the account on save’ and click on the box next to it.
- Now try to work on QuickBooks again to check if the issue continues.
Talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor over phone at 1800-865-4183 (tollfree).
In case you are still facing the QuickBooks Error 103, please contact our Support team to help you in resolving the issue. We recommend that you have the following when contacting us, so that we can help you. If in case you are still confused then dial us and allow us to get you sorted.
- Name of your bank
- The bank you selected during account set-up.
- The bank website and URL you used for connecting.
- The account type you are using