There are instances when you are working on your QuickBooks software and it crashes. It is due to some technical issues like “QuickBooks Error 12157“, XXXX. You may come across error codes 12157 XXXX, 12152, and 12007 when you are trying to update QuickBooks payroll.
QuickBooks is a comprehensive solution that is used by small and mid-size industries to fulfill their accounting and financial needs. It is easy to use software and does not require an accounting degree or certification.
- 1 Causes QuickBooks Payroll Error 12157- Installing Updates
- 2 Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 12157
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Causes QuickBooks Payroll Error 12157- Installing Updates
This QB error is often followed by the 3 or 4 more digits. This 12157 error series can occur in both local as well as network setup.
- System date or time is incorrect.
- While updating QuickBooks accounting.
- Incorrect settings of firewall and internet security applications.
- May be due to multiple QuickBooks versions are installed on the computer.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 12157
Here are solutions that are suggested by the Intuit experts in order to resolve your QuickBooks error 12157. You can also try to update your QuickBooks accounting solution as updating the software fixes most of the issues and bugs of the previous versions.
Step 1: When the File is Opened Locally
Restore the backup
- Your computer should not host.
- Open the QuickBooks Company file on your system.
- Click on the File option from the menu bar, click on Utilities
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is listed:
- Click on the same.
- The Stop hosting multi-user access window will be opened on your screen.
- Click Yes, if the Company file must be closed window opens up on your computer screen.
- Ensure that the path for your company file is not more than 210 characters long.
- Browse for the location in your system for the QuickBooks company file.
- Copy the path of the company file.
- Paste the path on the notepad and count the character for the including the spaces.
- Now, try to restore the company file.
Step 2: When the File is Opened Over the Network
It means that you will be opening the QuickBooks company file that is saved on a server or a different computer of the same server. Most likely this should fix your QuickBooks error 12157.
Ensure that Hosting is on for all the workstation
It is recommended by the Intuit experts that you should always host the QuickBooks company files on one PC/Server.
- Press F2 from your keyboard. This way you are opening the Product Information window.
- Browse for the Local Server Information. While doing so, your hosting should be turned off.
Step 3: End all processes for QuickBooks
- You will have to log in to the system as Administrator on the server system.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl along with Shift +Esc.
- Click on the User tab to see all the users’ processes.
- Highlight all the files with .exe extension EXE, QBDBMgr.exe, and qbupdate.exe then click on the End Task tab.
- You can now open your QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
With the solutions mentioned in this article, you can easily resolve your QuickBooks Error 12157, XXXX.
In case, the error still persists after trying the solutions mentioned above, then you should reach out to a QuickBooks error support team from Canada technical expert to rectify your error. You should contact “askforaccounting.com” as they are considered to be one of the best QuickBooks customer support agencies. You can easily get connected to them at any time and anywhere as they provide round-the-clock services.
To contact them, you just have to dial QuickBooks payroll toll-free customer support number and they will immediately reach out to you immediately. You can also write an email to their online email support team stating your issues and they will reply to you with the best solution available or you can visit their website and request Online Chat support assistance.