This article read Causes and How to fix “QuickBooks payroll error 30159” is almost exclusively encountered by payroll, users an error related to QuickBooks Payroll. Changes with user account settings, authentication settings, or expiry of service may have caused this error.
In most cases, it has been found that either the service of the user has expired or either the user or some other person with administrative permissions has made changesshow more
to the user’s authentication details. If the authentication details were changed, then your only option is to contact the user who made the changes.show less
- 1 Causes QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 4 FAQ’s
Causes QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- The most possible cause of the error mentioned is that of the deactivated EIN.
- If your EIN (Employer Identification Number) is deactivated, then you must contact the source from which you purchased your copy of QuickBooks Payroll.
- Please ensure that you only put one company file under a single EIN.
- Having multiple company files will cause unexpected error in QuickBooks.
- MS windows not updated
- MS windows registration files damaged/corrupted.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
There is a limit on the number of EINs users can have on the basis of the version of QuickBooks Payroll. To add an EIN to your QuickBooks Payroll subscription, follow the steps provided below.
- Log into QuickBooks Payroll with an administrator account.
- From the menu bar Select Employees and Click on Payroll
- Select Use My Existing Payroll Service
- Select Account Maintenance and then Click on Add File
- In the dialogue box provided add the code as [K1258]
- Click on Next
- A new window will open with the title Review Information
- Click on Return to QuickBooks and a new window will appear
- In the new window, check and verify QuickBooks payroll service key
- You can find the service key by going to Employees and selecting My Payroll Service.
- Under My Payroll Service click on Manage Service keys.
- Once again go to Manage service key and check the status of the service key after completing the whole process.
askforaccounting.com is a highly acclaimed third-party QuickBooks payroll. Our technical team stays up to date about each and every change made to QuickBooks. QuickBooks error support team members can assist you.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Why do I Encounter QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 while using Payroll?
QuickBooks Error 30159 is exclusively encountered by payroll users. Usually, the EIN that is linked with the company file has expired or is not properly set up. You can set up the EIN and the error will resolve. Also, ensure that no changes were made to the user authentication details.
When should I Contact your QuickBooks Technical Support Team?
Our QuickBooks technical support team is available round the clock. Contact us anytime and we will help you fix your issue in minimum turnaround time.