QuickBooks Error 30159 is almost exclusively encountered by QB payroll users. Thus it is always advised that you keep help at hand. For any issues related to QB, kindly contact QuickBooks Payroll Support. Changes with user account settings, authentication settings or expiry of service may have caused this error.
In most cases, it has been found that either the service of the user has expired or either the user or some other person with administrative permissions has made changes to the user’s authentication details. If the authentication details were changed, then your only option is to contact the user who made the changes.
QuickBooks error 30159
The most possible cause of the error mentioned is that of the deactivated EIN. If your EIN (Employer Identification Number) is deactivated, then you must contact the source from which you purchased your copy of QuickBooks Payroll. Please ensure that you only put one company file under a single EIN. Having multiple company files will cause unexpected behaviour and the result would be QuickBooks error 30159.
There is a limit on the number of EIN’s users can have on the basis of the version of QuickBooks Payroll. To add an EIN to your QuickBooks Payroll subscription, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into QuickBooks Payroll with an administrator account.
- From the menu bar Select Employees and Click on Payroll
- Select Use My Existing Payroll Service
- Select Account Maintenance
- Click on Add File
- In the dialogue box provided add the code as [K1258]
- Click on Next
- A new window will open with the title Review Information
- Click on Return to QuickBooks and a new window will appear
- In the new window, check and verify QuickBooks service key
You can find the service key by going to Employees and selecting My Payroll Service. Under My Payroll Service click on Manage Service keys.
Once again go to Manage service key and check the status of the service key after completing the whole process.
askforaccounting.com is a highly acclaimed third party QuickBooks customer care service provider. Our technical team stays up to date about each and every change made to QuickBooks. Each team member can assist you through QuickBooks error 30159. Our QuickBooks technical support team can be reached out to via call 1800-865-4183.
- Why do i encounter QuickBooks Error 30159 while using payroll?
- QuickBooks Error 30159 is exclusively encountered by payroll users. Usually the EIN that is linked with company file has expired or is not properly set up. You can set up the EIN and the error will resolve. Also, ensure that no changes were made to the user authentication details.
- When should I contact your QuickBooks technical support team?
- Our QuickBooks technical support team is available round the clock. Contact us anytime and we will help you fix your issue in minimum turnaround time.
- What is best version of Quickbooks 2017?
- How does Xero compare with Quickbooks Online in 2017?
- What is Quickbooks Hosting?