QuickBooks accounting software is one of the most recommended bookkeeping solutions. Though, it is considered as an outstanding software, there are certain occasions where you might come across certain errors that may hamper your work. One such error is QuickBooks License Error. The License error in QuickBooks is also known as the QuickBooks Error 3371.
QuickBooks Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.
There are various reasons which are responsible for the QuickBooks License Error:
- Damaged QBregistration.dat files.
- Corrupted MSXML components installed in your system
- Damaged or outdated applications like antivirus or firewall.
- Issues with Windows Operating System.
- Users facing issues with certain network and WebConnect.
When you try to open your QuickBooks application, you can also come across any one of the following error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371:, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Resolution for Error 3371 QuickBooks:
Here are some solutions mentioned below, they are suggested by QuickBooks experts.
Solution I: Updating latest windows updates
- Log in to your system as the Administrator.
- Press the Windows
- Click on the All Programs option and select the Windows Update.
- Install all the updates by clicking on the install QuickBooks.
Solution II: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Check that the QuickBooks processes are not running.
- Click on the Ctrl+Shift+Esc from your keyboard.
- Task Manager Window will open on your screen, press More Details
- Now click on the Processes tab.
- Sort out the processes by pressing on the Process Name header alphabetically.
- Locate the EXE file. Select the mentioned file and click on the End Task option.
- Open the Entitlement data folder responsible for your Windows Operating System and the version of QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key along with the R
- Run Command window will open on your computer screen.
- In the Search field, enter the file location “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)”.
- Press Enter and you can now see the ecml file. Right-click on the file and press Delete option from the keyboard.
- Press Yes and give the confirmation that you want to delete the entitlement file.
- Open the company file now and you will see the instructions on how to register the applications.
Solution III: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a repair tool, which repairs the damaged files and applications. It basically resolves issues with .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML. To install it follow the steps below:
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the setup file on your system’s desktop.
- Double-click on the setup file and run it on your system.
- It will repair all your files.
- Reboot your system after this repair process is completed.
The solutions which are mentioned above will resolve your QuickBooks Error 3371. If the error still persist then you would need to connect with QuickBooks tollfree number. In such situations, you should also try to upgrade your QuickBooks software to the latest version available. If this issue still persists, then you should contact us which is also the only QuickBooks Support. They one of the most recommended QuickBooks consultants who provide 24*7 customer services. You can reach out to them by just calling on their toll-free number 1800-865-4183. You can also visit their website and request for online support.