QuickBooks accounting software was designed to assist the small and medium organizations with all their accounts and financial needs. As, a software is designed using various codes and algorithms, there are occasions when they may malfunction due to any technical error. One such technical error is QuickBooks Error 6130. You will generally encounter this QuickBooks error while opening a company file. You will see the following error message displayed on your computer screen:
“QuickBooks Error: -6130, 0 is trying to access the company file, but cannot contact the database.”
The causes which are responsible for this QuickBooks error are:
- Damaged company file
- Another user accessing this file.
- Issues with the firewall and antivirus installed in the system.
Resolution for QuickBooks error 6130:
Intuit experts have suggested a few methods to resolve QuickBooks 6130 error.
Solution I: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Though this not a permanent fix and most of the time the software download ends up damaging your QuickBooks files, thus it is recommended not to download the program with utmost care:
- Log in to your system as the Administrator.
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in your system.
Create a backup of you files and store it in the “C” drive within QuickBooks files. This will help you to automatically pick up the data at the time of any damage. If you don’t want to go through the hassle and risk your files then dial us for QuickBooks Support at 1800-865-4183.
- Run this repair tool in your system. It will automatically resolve your errors.
Solution II: Rename the .tlg file
- From your keyboard, hold the Windows+ E key to open the Windows Explorer.
- Browse to the folder which contains your company file.
- Locate the transaction for log file. That file has the similar name with your company file, but it ends with the .tlg extension.
- Right-click on the transaction file and Rename
- Create a new name for the file, like TLG.
- Open the company data file now and create a QuickBooks backup.
Do not delete the transaction log file (.tlg). It is often used to is not recover lost data.
If you are still not able to fix your QuickBooks error 6130 then the only thing you can do is to try out the last solution given below.
When you are unable to open your data file and your database manager service stop functioning, try rebooting your system. Restore the recent backup for this file. By restoring this backup file, you will resolve the error.
Ensure your QuickBooks Database Manager is running, before creating a backup:
- Go to the My Computer and right-click on it.
- Select the Manage option.
- Computer Management window will be opened on your screen.
- Click on the Services and Applications option.
- Select Services. You can now see all the services displayed as a list in the alphabetical on your screen.
- Right click on the QuickBooks DB service from the service list which is applicable for your QuickBooks version.
- QuickBooksDB – for QuickBooks 2006
- QuickBooksDB17 – for QuickBooks 2007
- QuickBooksDB18 – for QuickBooks 2008
- QuickBooksDB19 – for QuickBooks 2009
- QuickBooksDB20 – for QuickBooks 2010
- QuickBooksDB21 – for QuickBooks 2011
- QuickBooksDB22 – for QuickBooks 2012
- QuickBooksDB23 – for QuickBooks 2013
- Select Properties from the menu.
- On the General Tab, Start button.
- A Service Control window will open and start the service and close.
Now restore your backup into a new file. Do not overwrite a previous file.
Are you able to fix your issue…?
If the answer is in negative then what you can do is reach out to us. Call Us on Skype or on our tollfree number and get your issues fixed easily.
By following the solutions mentioned above, you can easily resolve your QuickBooks error 6130. In case, you need some technical support assistance then you can always contact “askforaccounting.com”. They are a third-party QuickBooks consultancy who provides round the clock QB support worldwide. You want to reach out to them, and then you just have to give a call on their QuickBooks Canada Support professionals 1800-865-4183. There are other ways to reach out to them like online chat support or online email support assistance.