QuickBooks is a comprehensive software designed by Intuit to assist the small and medium industries with their accounting and financial needs. It is an extraordinary software but it is too susceptible to some common technical errors. One such technical error which you might encounter while working on the QuickBooks accounting software is QuickBooks error -6150, -1006.
You will encounter the QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006, when you are trying to create or open a QB Company file. You will see the following error message getting displayed on your screen:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again……….error codes: (-6150 -1006)”
“QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file……..error codes: (-6150, -1006)”
The causes which are responsible for the QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006 are:
- Damaged company file.
- Virus or malwares affecting the computer system.
Resolution for QuickBooks error -6150, -1006:
To resolve this QB Error Code -6150, -1006 follow the solution mentioned below:
Solution I: Restoring the Company file from a Backup
- Open the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Go to the Open or Restore Company. Enter the key code [K016]. Please make sure you enter this secret key as this will help you fix your backup issues and would also maintain a secure copy of the file.
- Click on the back-up file (.qbb file).
- Press the Open option and then click on Next.
- Go to the Save-in drop down dialog box and browse a location, where you would like to restore this file.
- Create a new file name by typing the name in the File name
- As soon as you open Save as type field, you will be able to see all the QuickBooks File with the extension should immediately (*.QBW).
- Save the file by clicking on Save
- You may now receive the notifications before restoration process. Read them carefully.
Solution II: Creating a new company file and fix QuickBooks error -6150.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Open the NO Company tab.
- Select the Create a new company.
- Express Start
- Open the Express Start
- Enter the details in the QuickBooks Setup
- Select the Create Company
- Create a list of your customers, services and Charts of Accounts/ Select Start Working
- Detailed Start
- Open the Detailed Start Window.
- Enter the details in the Easy Step Interview
- Press Next option on the window.
- Choose your industry and click on Next.
- Indentify your class of Industry Entity and click on Next.
- Set the first month for your Fiscal year and click on Next.
- Set up password for your QuickBooks Administrator password.
- Click on Next.
- Select the location to save your QuickBooks Company file and click on the Save
- Customize your QuickBooks software by clicking on the Next You can also postpone it by opting for Leave option.
- Express Start
The Intuit experts have suggested many methods to resolve this QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006. By following the solutions above, you can easily resolve your errors.
Contact with Us:
Dial us for help at our tollfree number at 1800-940-7442.
In case, this problem still persists, then contact the technical support team of Intuit. If you are not able to reach out to them, then you should reach out to “QBPro.Ca” for assistance. They are one of the best QuickBooks consultants globally who provides round the clock assistance.
They not only provide QuickBooks Canada Support but you can also connect with them through by either visiting their website and requesting for online chat support or you can write an email to the online email support about your QB issues. Their toll-free customer support number is 1800-940-7442, you just have to call on this number and they will get in touch with you immediately.