QuickBooks is acknowledged as the most popular accounting software that has been designed with many strong features. The employment of the application has helped business owners to run their business flawlessly. The software is user friendly and offers a self explanatory dashboard. As software and error run parallel to each other. QuickBooks error 6189 is one of such error that is commonly reported by QuickBooks users.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189:
- Damage while downloading company files.
- Incomplete/Improper installation process.
- Infection by virus or malware in the system files of your Windows.
- QuickBooks program deleted by a malicious software.
Since there are multiple reasons why you face QuickBooks error 6189 thus you would need to work with multiple solutions. If one doesn’t work then try to jump on to another one as this will help you fix your issue. You are required to follow the steps in their exact sequence.
If the steps comes out too technical for you then get help by dialing tollfree at 1800-940-7442.
Solution I: Reboot your System & Server
- Reboot Desktop that comprise the company files that can be easily accessed.
- In case you have stored your company data on the Server you have to restart your Server.
- Follow the second solution in case the error is not fixed.
Solution II: Installation of QBMS (QuickBooks Database Manager on Server)
- You have to install QuickBooks or Quickbooks Database Manager (QBM) on the server you are using and that is hosting your company file.
- There is no need of extra license while installing the Database Manager.
- Database Manager needs to be installed if QuickBooks database user is not visible.
- Once the installation is properly complete.
- Finally reboot your server.
Solution III: Data File Location is Network Drive
- Verify that the company file is not saved on a NAS device or any drive that can be removed.
- These devices do not have actually allow to run the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- At times it ends with data corruption.
Solution IV: Using Data File Share Service
- Good in case your organizational file is not employing any file sharing service or online sync services such as: Dropbox, SugarSync, Box.net or other type.
- In case online auto backup utilities for your QuickBooks program might be the cause of the issue.
- The error might occur while attempting to open the organizational file following this way.
- To escape from these problems shift all organizational files out of the Dropbox folder and copy it to the C:drive of your desktop.
Solution V: Use Encryption Software on your System
- Intuit or QuickBooks ProAdvisor doesn’t suggest encrypting your company file.
- For software disability you have to contact your encryption software vendor.
Reach out to us:
After following the above solutions if the issue persists you can contact QuickBooks customer support team. You can approach the team via phone support, email support and live chat option. Also you can choose connecting with other QB support agencies that are reliable and assure genuine QuickBooks support solutions.
QBPro.ca is a reputed organization that houses highly competent QuickBooks experts who offer prompt and feasible support in the first call itself. Call to the toll free phone number 1800-940-7442 and gain instant support.