When trying to open, backup or restore your company file, you might come across QuickBooks error code (-6000, -83). This error code encounters when accessing the company file. If the problem continues, contact QuickBooks experts who help to fix the error codes (-6000, -83) effortlessly.
The user does not have enough permission for the particular folder. To access QuickBooks software in a multi-user setting, you should have read/write permission and delete/ create rights to the locations where the business file is stored.
Major reasons for QuickBooks error code -6000 and -83
These errors may be the result of the following reason:
- Converting the business file from a previous version over a network connection
- Missing files in the QuickBooks installation
- Inadequate permissions for the network server or Windows user
- A firewall or Antivirus software blocking the QuickBooks software files
- Damage shared folder or company file
- More than one system trying to host the business file
- Using a non-Canadian or non-U.S. version of Windows or enclosing the Regional Language locations in Windows set other than English
- The company file is accessed (UNC Path or Mapped Network Drive)
- The file extension might be.qbw.adr or .qbm
Fixation of QuickBooks error code -6000 and -83
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
To fix the error code 6000, -83), Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and Fix the network or company file.
Method 2: Switch off the hosting on all workstations
For the multi-user QuickBooks Desktop, arrange only of them to host the business file. Perform the given steps to turn off the hosting on all computer units.
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop> click File, and then choose Utilities.
- From the list:
- Host Multi-User Access – the system is not hosting the business file and you can directly switch to the next system.
- Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – choose the alternative, then:
- In the Stop hosting multi-user window, click to yes.
- The business file window should be closed. to continue and move to the next system, click Yes.
Method 3: Fix manually Error -6000, -83
- Update the QuickBooks software to the latest release.
- Arrange the QuickBooks Desktop files for security or firewall software
Verify the permissions to use the company file
- To confirm that the permissions are setup properly, refer to the Set up folder permissions to share the business files.
- If you require setting permissions, refer to Windows Set access permissions to the share business files.
Scan the organizational files
- Go to Windows Start menu, select Programs> Choose QuickBooks software and select the QuickBooks software Database Server Manager.
- In the QuickBooks software Database Server Manager, choose Add Folder and surf the folders accumulating the company files.
- After adding all folders, click Scan.
- The company files display within QuickBooks software, and Click Close.
- Browse to the folders comprising the business files and ensuring the file .qbw.nd.
Need additional support?
Hope the solution is useful in fixing the QuickBooks error code -6000 and -83. However, you can get additional support in fixing the QuickBooks error from our QuickBooks professionals. The experts are proficient enough with years of experience in the field available for 24×7 to provide a suitable solution and required information.
You can contact directly at Ask for accounting toll-free number 1-800-865-4183 to connect with the professionals. They also offer support via Live Chat Support.