QuickBooks Error 6150 is a -6000 series error that is often related with the company file. This error can signify network issues or errors in the company file. The first thing users should do when they encounter this error is to copy the company file on another system.
This is the error message that users get when dealing with QuickBooks Error 6150:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact our QuickBooks technical Support team and provide them with the following error codes: (-6150,-1006).
QuickBooks Error 6150: Issues
- Your system very frequently crashes and this error message appears on the same active Window program.
- Your Windows responds very slowly and your mouse or keyboard also responds slow on command.
- The system may also hang for sometime.
Not only Error 6150, but also the Error Code 1006 appears for the same reason. When you see quickbooks error message 6150 and 1006 then it simply states that you need to identify the root cause of the errors and how the error can be fixed with ease.
Though below we have provided with the step by step process on how to work with error 6150 but you can also ask for support.
“If at any point of time you need help then give us a call at 1800-940-7442.”
Cause of QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006?
- QuickBooks or some related files got deleted and infected due to any active program or by any antivirus.
- Any program mistakenly and maliciously affected QuickBooks software.
- Incomplete and damaged software.
- Corrupt company file and you are unable to take backup.
- Wrong type of company file extensions.
- When you attempt to open company file and QuickBooks failed to open.
Here are few causes of Errors that we have mentioned to you. There can be some unknown and hidden issues for some non-technical persons. You can take our help in such case.
How can you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
There can be different methods of resolving your QuickBooks error 6150 depending upon the underlying reason that is causing the error. Still, the user should try these different methods in order to resolve this issue on their system. These steps will help you in solving your question. All you need to do is follow the instructions as they are mentioned.
No Internet Access or Firewall
If the error is due to “No internet Access or firewall settings” then here is what you will need to do. Please check your internet connection if you’re connected remotely to the company file. Once the connection is established your issue may resolve.
Firewalls block many connections in order to provide a secure experience to the user. Sometimes, secure connections can be taken as a threat by firewall software. Hence, these connections are blocked. You can override the firewall settings to allow network connections through certain ports by following the steps provided below:
- Log into Windows as an administrator
- Click on start menu
- Search for Advanced Firewall Settings
- Create both inbound and outbound rules for the ports that you want to allow connections through
- Save the settings with a name and description
Once this is done, your system will not block connections to the company file.
Damaged Company file
If there is a damage to the company file, then QB will not be able to read it and you will get QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006. Another important thing to note here is that there may be permanent damage to the company file, and if you’ve not created a backup then you may lose some data. Still, with professional help, almost all of the data can be recovered.
Damage to the company file can be caused by unexpected system shut down.
In most cases, QuickBooks File Doctor can fix your company file. This tool will scan the entire company file and resolve any errors that you might be encountering.
- First, download a copy of the setup for QuickBooks file doctor.
- After the download finishes, launch the setup and follow along.
- Once the tool has been installed on your system, then open it. It is fairly simple to use this tool to analyze the company files for any errors.
- Simply follow the instructions provided by the tool and all errors in your company file will be analyzed.
- Further you can apply fixes for some common company file errors that may be causing issues. If there is a more serious damage to the company file, then this software won’t be able to fix it.
Another alternative solution:
If you are unable to fix your issue by following the steps above then follow this alternative solution and check if you are able to fix QuickBooks error 6150.
- Change QuickBooks File’s locations.
- Find .qbw file extension.
- Open the folder that contains company files.
- Copy that particular file.
- Paste that file on your desktop.
- Open and restore the company and move to desktop.
- Long press control key and open QuickBooks so, you can guide No company open.
If the error still occur, move to method 2.
- Open a sample company file.
- Make sure that there is no issue with company file.
- If a sample company file shows error when you try to open a file, it indicates that the installation has been damaged and it needs to be repaired.
This is the last try you can do inorder to resolve your QuickBooks error codes 6150 and 1006.
- Use Auto-Data Recovery copy mode
- Now, recover a backup from the error that has occurred and restore Auto Data Recovery copy of your Company File.
These are some of the few methods using which you will be able to get your QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006 fixed. You need to follow all the steps properly. Failing which may leave the error within the software. Even if after following all the resolution methods, you still are faced with issues then we would suggest that you dial for help immediately.
You can visit our Website for solutions related to your problems and for information also. Our live Chat support is also there. You can have instant solution through chat with our expert personnel. Our Toll-Free Number 1800-940-7442 is also there to provide you assistance on call. Our E-mail support is also at your service. You can contact us through any of the mode at any time.