QuickBooks Error H202 usually occurs when the user attempts to access data file on multi user mode. It means when the user approaches the company data file that is located on another computer, there are chances of getting this error code. QuickBooks Error H202 occurs when QuickBooks software tries to establish a connection to the company file and fails to communicate with the server.
Find the Shortcuts
Causes QuickBooks Error H202:
Sometimes we get an error message called the QuickBooks error H202. This actually happens when you try to access QuickBooks in a multi-user mode. Thus in this article we will walk you through how to add firewall port on to all computers.
- The hosting configuration settings are not correct,
- Firewall blockage to the incoming and outgoing communication to the company file,
- Damage or incorrect .ND file,
- Fail to fetch the system IP address
- server hosting the QuickBooks file, QB DBXX or QBCFMonitor services are not started and the workstations are configured to open the file through the hosts full Qualified Domain Name.
- When QuickBooks Firewall is obstructing the software from access the company files.
- When your QB DSM is unable to locate the IP address of the host computer.
- Problem with DNS setting.
Read more.. QuickBooks Error H303
How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202:
Well, as already said that there can be any issue, which may lead to QuickBooks error H202 but if the intensity of your error is not that strong then it can be fixed easily by just adding firewall ports and standard rules in the process. Thus wasting any time further, let’s follow the process.
Solution I: QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor from the internet.
Be ware of malicious software’s as the program above have been reported to be infected. Thus make sure you maintain a secured backup of all your files.
- It is repair software which resolves all the H-series and multi-user errors.
Solution II: Validation of all the hosting and services
For validating the hosting
- From your workstation, open QuickBooks solution.
- Go to the File menu and select the Utilities
- Check for the Host Multi-User Access from the list. If this system is not hosting the file then move to other laptop. Don’t make any changes on your workstation.
- Look for Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, click on that option.
- From the Company option, check for File Must Be Closed window and click on Yes.
For validating the services
- Make sure that you have started the services for QuickBooksDBXX along with QBCFMonitor.
- Go to the Windows Start
- Open the Run Command
- In the Search area, type msc and press Enter.
- For service window, you will have to scroll down and look for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If you are unable to locate it, then follow the steps below:
- From the Database Server Manager, confirm the availability of the Database Server Manager.
- Run the complete program from the server and open QuickBooks
- Choose and make sure that the hosting is enabled.
- Open the QuickBooksDBXX service and check for the Startup Type is that it is set for Automatic process and the service status is shown as running.
- Select the Recovery
- Open the drop-down menu and select the First Failure option and choose Restart Do the same thing for the other subsequent failures.
- Click on OK to save all the changes made.
- Repeat all the above steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution III: Configure the Firewall
Windows has an inbuilt Firewall and antivirus for its users. These applications seldom ac as an obstacle and obstruct QuickBooks. For such situations, follow the given steps on your system:
- Go to your Windows Firewall
- Open control panel and in the search bar, type Firewall and press Enter from your keyboard.
- Open the Windows Firewall and click on Advanced
- On the Left side of your window, select Outbound rules and right-click on it.
- Select New Rule
- Go to Ports and select Next
- Go to the TCP option and enter the following port for the specified local ports box:
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016:8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015:8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Go to the Next option and click on the Allow the Connection
- Go to the Next option, so that you can enter a name in the name field and press Finish
- Repeat the steps above for the Inbound Rules.
Solution IV: Add Some Firewall Exceptions
- Type in firewall in the start and then click on Windows Firewall.
- Now click on the advanced settings tab.
- Now create the firewall exceptions. For this click on the inbound rules once you click on inbound rule click on new rule on the right side.
- Click on new rule on the right hand side and then select port.
- Select the radio button with sales for it and then hit next.
- Now we will have to add the particular ports for that particular version of QuickBooks so depending on your version the port numbers will differ.
- Since I’m using 2013 I will copy and paste the port numbers for the 2013.
- Please make sure that the port numbers are always separated by commas. And consecutive ports are separated by a dash.
- So just go in and copy the ports in the standard format and paste them in the space provided. Make sure that you have TCP selected.
- Now hit next then click on allow the connection. Make sure that the radio button which says allow the connection is checked and make sure that you have a checkmark on all three of them.
- Now give it a name like QB ports or just QB just name to identify it and click finish.
Thus now that we have added inbound rules, our next step will be to add outbound rules. Once both the rules have been defined on the main computer, you will have to perform all the necessary steps on all the other computers on which you use QuickBooks.
Once you are done with your all the necessary action then i.e.
- Adding firewall ports
- Inbound rules and
- Outbound rules
Read more.. QuickBooks Error H505
You are now able to fix your issue. Your next step will be to login back into your QuickBooks accounting software and perform the same action which was earlier giving you QuickBooks error H202.
But in case you are facing the same kind of error then we would suggest you calling QuickBooks Support and get your errors fixed.