Thus what if you are using QuickBooks for Mac Sierra, what do you think, is it fully compatible with the mac operating system or not?.
For many business owners, QuickBooks has become an integral part of their business and it is quite upsetting when the accounting software is not compatible with operating software. Not everyone uses Windows with which QuickBooks is quite compatible.
This article will give the reader an overview of how QuickBooks perform with Mac and in case the users are facing any issues working with their QuickBooks Desktop on Mac, then you can explore here how to resolve them with ease.
QuickBooks for Mac Sierra
It would be quite relieving for many to know that QuickBooks Desktop 2016 for MAC is compatible and does work with OS High Sierra. Previously to OS High Sierra, the Mac had a bit of an issue with working with QuickBooks, but with the release of OS High Sierra, any QuickBooks Mac 2016 R20 or later versions are compatible with Mac’s operating software.
This had been possible due to the relentless work that the QuickBooks team had put into developing QuickBooks Mac (qbMac) so that the qbMac 16 works seamlessly. There were some improvements made to 2016 R6 and 2016 R1. They are as follows:
- Horizontal toolbar
- Add multiple ships to or a drop ship
- Display font size within the program can be adjusted
- Reports can have page breaks
- On checks, signatures can be printed
- Share attachments
- Bill vendor time
- Runs on macOS Sierra (10.12)
- Columns can be easily resized on forms
- Printing can be easily done on envelops directly
- Timesheet editing and filling are possible with easy
- Open balances can be added to invoices
- Print timesheets
- Font sizes in reports can be adjusted with ease
- Long descriptions can be easily viewed in invoices
- Apple’s Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
- Run on Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)
Even prior to the release of qbMac16, the Quickbooks for Mac 2015 R8 and its later versions were compatible with Mac OS Sierra 10.12. However, it did not function as smoothly as qbMac 16 or its later version did.
But to have a seamless performance of the QuickBooks on Mac OS Sierra or High Sierra the user needs to ensure that the user is using an updated version of QuickBooks.
- Check the updates for QuickBooks by clicking on the menu that is on the top
- Choose and click on ‘Install Updates’
- Next click on ‘Install and Relaunch’.
QuickBooks for Mac Sierra System Requirements
In case there is any problem in installation one needs to check the system requirement and ensure that it is met.
QuickBooks for Mac Sierra 2018
Requirement of the System
- QuickBooks for Mac 2018 R5 or versions that are earlier (macOS 10.10.2, macOS 10.11.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2018 R6 or later version (Sierra or High Sierra)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 duo or higher version
- Multiuser server for running
- Minimum 2 GB RAM but advised 4 GB RAM
- Disk space availability of a minimum of 250 MB
- Internet connection or CD /DVD drive
- The printer should be Macintosh compatible 100%
- Checks should be done by using Intuit Checks
- Registration of the product.
There is also compatibility or integration requirement, which the user must ensure.
- For exporting report data and emailing via QuickBooks, for which Microsoft 2008 or 2011 or Microsoft Entourage 2008 along with Outlook version 2011 will be required.
- Debit and credit cards can be accepted after the user buys Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks, and the user’s application should be approved.
- A user would also require paying and subscribing for processing of payroll and integration Mac with the QuickBooks for it so that EIN and Internet access is available.
- Since Mac QuickBooks payroll requires an Internet connection. To print a check Abode Reader is needed that too is needed to be bought.
In case one is unable to access QuickBooks for Mac Sierra, then the user should call QuickBooks Consultant via “Ask for Accounting” on their toll-free number provided above so that they can help you with the issue.