“QuickBooks multi-user error” indicates error codes (H101, H202, H303, or H505) while opening a company data file in a multiple user mode. Usually, these errors might occur when the user is choosing multiple user environments to approach the company files.
While opening a company file in multi-user mode, you see an error:
- Trying to work with a company file located on another computer, and the copy of QuickBooks fails to reach the server on that computer (H202).
- It appears that the QuickBooks software on computer [server name] is set up to allow shared connections to the company file, but the QuickBooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it (H202).
- Attempting to work with a company file located on another computer, and that computer needs additional installation and setup. (H101, H303, and H505).
QuickBooks Multi-User Error: Reasons
There are several reasons for the occurrence of the error:
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect
- QB Firewall is blocking incoming/outgoing communication to the company file.
- The .ND file is damaged or incorrect
- QuickBooks fails to fetch the IP address of the host computer
- DNS settings are incorrect
- QuickBooks services are not running and should be started automatically.
Connect with QuickBooks Customer Support to fetch instant solutions. You can get in touch with them at our toll-free helpline number which is applicable for both USA and Canada.