QuickBooks multi user error indicates error codes (H101, H202, H303 or H505) while opening a company data file in a multiple user mode. Usually these errors might occur when the user is choosing multiple user environments to approach the company files.
While opening a company file in multi-user mode, you see an error:
- Trying work with a company file located on another computer, and the copy of QuickBooks fails to reach the server on that computer (H202).
- It appears that the QuickBooks software on computer [server name] is set up to allow shared connections to the company file, but the QuickBooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it (H202).
- Attempting to work with a company file located on another computer, and that computer needs additional installation and setup. (H101, H303, and H505).
QuickBooks Multi User Error: Reasons
There are several reasons for the occurrence of the error:
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect
- QB Firewall is blocking incoming/outgoing communication to the company file.
- The .ND file is damaged or incorrect
- QuickBooks fails to fetch the IP address of the host computer
- DNS settings are incorrect
- QuickBooks services are not running and should be started automatically.
Connect with QuickBooks Customer Support to fetch instant solutions. You can get in touch with them at our toll free helpline number which is applicable for both USA and Canada.