If your “QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working” then it actually is a cause of bigger concern for people using the program. Not only your work will be halted but the pressure of completing the work will fall on you. Since the feature has been enhanced in leaps and bounds, however, the software is still quite prone to get tangled into errors caused due to this feature.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Multi User Mode
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Error
- 4 QuickBooks Multi User Mode Requirements
- 5 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What is QuickBooks Multi User Mode
Though QuickBooks software is very flexible as it allows working on the program with more than one person logged in at a time but at times your multi-user mode may be at fault. Since the multi-user window is of sheer importance to people in bigger organizations as it requires simultaneous working on the software but not every time you find it smooth.
One such error is wherein the multi-user mode stops working. Before we move forward with the how, why, and where of this issue, let’s look at some of the benefits provided by this tool:
- Print Bills and Checks simultaneously from different user accounts.
- Generate Invoices from Estimates and Bills from Purchase Orders.
- With the help of Scan Check Merchant Choice of QuickBooks, users can also scan through generated checks.
As the tool is quite new, it is possible to not be able to operate it accurately, which might be the reason behind this issue. Many users have a hard time setting up multi-user mode and thus end up having issues with this feature. Another cause for this issue could be that the network server is disrupted and the connection with the web is not stable. Thus before we can even think of fixing your QuickBooks Multi-user not working error, it is important to check the list of requirements that needs to be fulfilled.
Causes of QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
Following is the list of causes that leads to QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not working problem:
- As and when a user adds more employees and licenses, the software starts slowing down in completing processes.
- If the admin account faces problems, the subsequent user accounts might encounter issues as well.
- At times accessing data also takes a while.
- Management of functional error occurs creating issues for at least two or more users.
- The network server gets disrupted causing QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue.
How to Fix QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Error
Following is the list of solutions for how to fix the Multi-User Mode error
Total Time: 35 minutes
Way 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Software
🔹 Go to Start Icon and click on the Control Panel application.
🔹 Next select the Program and Features option and then locate QuickBooks from the menu.
🔹 Click on QuickBooks and then choose to uninstall option.
🔹 Once the software is uninstalled, go to the official website of Intuit and download the required version of QuickBooks.
🔹 Under Installation select the Multi-user mode hosting option.
Way 2: Configure the Default Setting
🔹 Access the software and click on the Files option from the main menu bar.
🔹 Now from the menu of files click on Utilities and then select the Host Multi-user Access option.
🔹 Next step is to add the required users with the company file.
🔹 In case the multi-user mode is already enabled, users will be prompted to disable it which they need to click on the cancel tab.
🔹 Now to protect sensitive data, the user needs to create different login credentials for different users. Now, this setup is complete to be used.
Way 3: Set your Services Window
🔹 On your computer desktop, click on the start button.
🔹 On the Run search bar, search for Services. MSC.
🔹 Once you are on the said window, locate files with the name: QuickbooksDB25 & QBCF Monitor.
🔹 Now restart the services by right-clicking on them.
🔹 From the dropdown button that appears, click on the automatic tab and then click start.
🔹 You will have to follow the same steps for both files.
Way 4: Set Permissions to Access your Folders
🔹 Here browse the folder that you want to share with others on the multi-user mode.
🔹 Right-click on the folder once it is located and then click on the properties tab.
🔹 Click the share button > Share this folder.
🔹 Now you will have to set the permissions for each account user and click ok.
Way 5: Scan Server Managers
🔹 For this you will need to open up your database server managers and click on the scan icon.
🔹 This will start the process of scanning your database manager.
🔹 Now, you will have to manually point out which of the folder includes company files.
🔹 If you are not sure in which folder you have saved those files then you can scan the whole disk.
🔹 To start scanning, press the scan button and now you will see the progress bar that will show the status and percentage of the folders scanned.
🔹 Once the progress bar shows 100% completed, your QuickBooks multi-user mode will start to work.
QuickBooks Multi User Mode Requirements
In order to access the Multi-user Mode in QuickBooks, the user will require the following two points to be full filled:
- QuickBooks Multi-user License: The user has two options for multi-user mode. With this, the software also allows for more than one registered QuickBooks to work with each other. For multi-user mode options are as follows:
- Purchase Multi-User License
- Add multiple users to the existing license through the following steps:
- Access QuickBooks and click on the Manage Licenses tab from the main menu.
- Click on Buy Additional Licenses option and add as required.
- One Computer System to Host QuickBooks: Dedicate one computer system which will host the software and the company file providing access to other chosen systems through the server.
Another QuickBooks Multiuser Mode Error and Issue
|QuickBooks Aborting Error in Multi-user mode:- When you are trying to connect two computers to QuickBooks through the network it will randomly Abort and close out of the program.|
|QuickBooks Error H202:- When you try to switch to multi-user mode, something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server.|
|QuickBooks Error H505: When you try to switch to multi-user mode, something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server.|
|QuickBooks Pro 2016 Multi-user Not Working– When you working on QuickBooks PRO 2016 in multi-user mode.|
|QBDBMGRN Not Running– QuickBooks database server manager not running on this computer.|
The above methods should help to resolve the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error.
However, if the user is still facing problems with it, they should connect with the experienced QuickBooks expert team who are trained to provide authentic support. In case they are unable to get connected with the same they can try alternative support agencies like QuickBooks Error Support Toll-Free Number or visit the website – Askforaccounting.com for online chat support.