In this article, read why QuickBooks is Not Responding or possible ways to fix it. You get an error when trying to open QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software in today’s times. It helps in streamlining all the tasks in a better way so that the output can be excellent and useful for the organization.
Causes QuickBooks Not Responding or stopped working at the time of Opening
If you’re experiencing problems with your QuickBooks, there are several possible causes. Some of the most common reasons include.
- When you have damaged the Qbwuser.ini file
- When your hard drive is malicious.
- When you have program files that are either corrupted or damaged.
- When your system windows files are damaged.
- When you have a QuickBooks update pending.
Possible Ways to Fix QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Issue
One of the possible solutions is downloading QuickBooks file doctor and running your error through it. The other possible way is to reboot your system and then follow the steps given.
Step 1: Reboot System
- Before following the steps provided below you would need to reboot your system.
Step 2: Login and Disable Antivirus
- Now login to your QuickBooks software. If you are still not able to open it then disable your antivirus for a while.
- Try to login into your QuickBooks company file again and your issue will now be sorted.
Step 3: Qbwtest Folder
Go to your QuickBooks desktop screen and from your keyboard press enter Windows + E button.
- This will open up your web browser.
- Now search for a QuickBooks company file with an extension .Qbw.
- Locate your company file from the list that appears and copy it by right-clicking and choosing the Copy option.
- Now go to your computer’s C drive and create a new folder.
- Name it anything you want, for the sake of this test, name it as Qbwtest.
- Now open the folder and hit Ctrl + V button.
- This will paste your QuickBooks company file onto this folder.
- Open up the file by holding the Ctrl key.
- Now select open or resort to the company file option and locate the Qbwtest folder you just created.
- Open up your company file within the Qbwtest folder and you should now see your QuickBooks not responding error resolved.
If you still face any issues then do give us a call at our QuickBooks error Consultant phone number. Our QuickBooks professionals are available 247. Thus don’t hesitate and call now.