QuickBooks POS Update: If the program throws such a message to their point of sale users then it becomes all more important for you to update your app. Intuit continues to work on updating their programs to make the software error free. If you still on an older version then most likely you are at a higher risk of encountering errors like QuickBooks POS error 121.
QuickBooks Point of Sale application is a power software that is good enough to take your business on a growth curve. It is the best application for smooth business management with accuracy in output and saving plenty of time. As we know any software is prone to errors, so is QuickBooks POS. At times, the software users report of QuickBooks Error code 121.
QuickBooks POS Update: Error 121
This error code indicates when you sign in to your POS other than a system admin you encounter this error. You can see the error with an error message.
Error Message: “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied you do not have permission to select from timeouts”
On facing this error when you visit the help and software updates page inside QuickBooks POS you will come across an software update that will fix the issue. The update needs to be downloaded and run on the server and the work area.
Resolution of Error 121
For fixing the error 121 you need to delete all the data of the Entitlement Client folder and remove WSActivity.xml file. Ensure all the Point of Sale process and services are stopped before you attempt to perform the resolution steps.
Close all the POS Process and services
- Select Task Manager
- Choose the Processes
- Locate and close all the processes:
- Close Task Manager process
- In the search window enter services.msc
- Go to Services window, search for QBPOS Database Manager vXX (‘XX’ refers to QuickBooks version)
- End up all the services
- Stop all the services window
If the problem “QuickBooks POS update: Error 121” still persist within your accounting software then we suggest you to continue to follow the steps below:
Delete the Required Files:
- View the hidden Windows folders
- Windows 8.1 and 8
- Vista and Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Move to the location depending on your Operating System:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Vista and Windows 7 : C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XPC:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0
- Select all files in the folder
- Select Delete.
- Move to the previous location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
- Approach the INI folder and delete the WSActivity file.
- Open POS again and download and install updates required.
- Complete the registration process.
Hope now you are able to fix your QuickBooks POS update bug that was reporting error 121. But incase you are still searching out solution for the said problem then ask for help. Our QuickBooks POS support team will be at your service in no time.
In case you face any issue you can report it to QuickBooks customer support number. The highly efficient team provides quick resolution in a very short wait time. You can connect with the team through email support or online chat option. You can choose AskforAccounting.com too which is a most preferred QuickBooks agency that hires experienced support team who offer prompt and quality QuickBooks POS Support. Call the toll free number +1-800-274-4168 and garner excellent POS solutions.